Information for Visitors
- Famous for: History enthusiasts, Photographers and Nature Lovers.
- Entrance Fee: For Indians, the entry fee is Rs25 whereas for foreigners it is Rs 30. One can also visit this place by the Amber Fort –Hawa Mahal Jaipur sightseeing composite ticket. The ticket is valid for 2days and comes at a price of Rs150 for Indians and Rs 300 for foreigners. An audio guide is also available with this which comes at a price of Rs 90 for Indians and Rs 130 for foreigners.
- Visiting Time: 8 am. to 6 pm daily except in case of wedding or other private bookings.
- Duration of Visit: 45-50mins.
Sisodia Rani Palace and Garden, is one of the most pleasant Mughal garden of Jaipur. This charbagh style Mughal garden was constructed in 1728 by the then Suryavanshi Rajput Maharaja of Udaipur Sawai Jai Singh as a token of love for his wife, Queen Sisodia. Hence, the Sisodia Rani Palace Garden. The place is decorated with multi-layered palace, springs, fountains and flower beds. Just like any other Mughal garden. One of most unique features of this garden are beautiful mural paintings of Radha-Krishna depicted on the walls of the garden. Queen Sisodia is believed to have spent her leisure on this pastures. Apart from the architecture and floral beauties that decorate the place, the garden is frequented by the peacocks of the pink city. One may remember this iconic place from the Sridevi-Anil Kapoor starrer Yash Raj Film of 1991 “Lamhe”.
Tips for Travellers
- It is one of the largest Mughal garden of Jaipur and hence one of the must visit place.
- The palace has quite a large area so requires time to explore.
- Don’t rush through it explore the tranquillity of this place and the best way to do so is by taking a stroll. Hence, wear comfortable.
- Various resting places are available all through the pavilion.
- Though the atmosphere is cool and serene one needs to carry the basic necessities like water bottles.
- Book in advance so that you don’t find it closed in lieu of weddings and other private functions.
Things to Do
- The mural paintings of Radha-Krishna tell beautiful mythological stories.
- The region houses temples of various lords such as Shiva, Vishnu and Hanuman.
- Watch out for the dancing peacocks especially during the monsoon rain.
- Explore the diverse variety of plants of the garden.
- The galleries and the art exhibitions are must visit gateway.
- Enjoy local handicrafts and purchase some of them outside the palace.
Availability of Guides
Local guides are easily available. However, people go for the combine package of guide tour combining all the nearby places like Amer Fort, Hawa Mahal, Sisodia Garden and others. Guides are not that much needed here.
Best time to visit
The ideal time for visiting this place is in the monsoon when the peacocks are in full bloom and also in winter when the climate is pleasant. July-March is the ideal timing for visiting this garden.
How to Reach
This legendary Mughal garden is quite accessible as it sits at a distance of mere 10km from Jaipur on the Jaipur-Agra Highway and can be entered by the Ghat Gate. Cars, Local buses and auto rickshaws regularly ply to and fro between Jaipur and Sisodia Palace at a price of Rs400.
Interesting Facts and Trivia about Sisodia Rani Palace
- It is Maharaja Jai Singh’s gift to Rani Sisodia
- The palace served as the summer gateway for the queen and female members of the royal family.
- It was primarily used for household purposes by the suryavanshi royal family
- The palace garden can be booked for destination weddings and other private functions.
- Now, the palace is nominally ruled by the suryavanshi titular head.
- The Jaipur Cultural Walk covers this location
- The Kholke Hanuman temple and Galtaji temple are located at a mere 2km distance from here.
- Albert hall Museum, Diwan-e-khas, Hawa Mahal, Amer Fort, Birla Mandir, Jantar Mantar lies within 5km of this place.
- Heritage Textiles with its local handicrafts expertise is situated at a distance of 4km from Sisodia palace.
- Vidyadhar Garden is another aesthetic garden lying at distance of 0.4km from Sisodia Garden.
- Vajra, near Keshav Vidyapith at Jamdoli is the best indian restaurant here. It is located at a distance of 0.6km from the garden.
- The Woods Villa Resort at Sumel Road near Sogani hospital is perfect destination for stay. The resort houses, the magical restaurant Baradari, a distance of mere 0.6km from the palace garden.
- Romeos treat- theme lounge is another sought after restaurant sitted at Govind marg near RKMH hospital, 3km from the palace garden.
- No Way Café & Lounge at raja park offers one of the best rooftop restaurant experience in the vicinity.
- Late night Food Jaipur, a sought after late night serving restaurant at raja park serves customers till 4:00 in the morning.
Overall, Sisodia Rani Palace Garden with its lustrous green spread and serene atmosphere offers a pleasant break from the tiring fort and palace trips of Jaipur. It adds to aesthetic value of life which makes it an one of kind of experience. The ambience, the architecture, the history, the people, the local handicrafts and of course the food has placed it in the ideal destination list of Jaipur. So, grab the opportunity and include it in your list.