- Famous for: History, Photography, Architecture, Relics and Artefacts.
- Entrance Fee:20 per head for Indian Nationals and Rs.150 per head for foreign nationals.
- Visiting Time: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Visit Duration: 2-3 hours
Famed for its exquisite Indo-Saracenic architecture and a reminder of India’s colonial legacy, the Albert Hall Museum is a delight for tourists. Roaring the cultural legacy and antiquity of the state, this 19th century architectural wonder which harbours exquisite artefacts is a wonderful delight.
- The climate of the City is quite dry and arid, so you better pack all the essentials.
- Wear comfortable clothes preferably cotton wares.
- Be sure that keeping the place protected is your responsibility too.
- Do not carry plastic and other hazardous materials inside the museum.
Things to Do
- Take a stroll down the Art Gallery section.
- Revel in the beauty of the Ram Niwas Gardens.
- Marvel at the relics and artefacts harboured by the Museum like the intricately woven wooden carvings and sculptures, marble arts and miniature paintings.
Availability of Guides
Local guides are available in plenty and do not pose a problem at all.
Best Time to Visit
It is common knowledge that Rajasthan has one of the meanest climates in the country so I would advise you to visit the place only in the winters. The climate is cool and pleasant, ideal for exploration.
How to Reach
Book a train and get down at Merta Road Junction Railway Station which is only 2 kms from the Museum. You can walk to the Museum from here or even hire a cab. Or just take a bus as there is no scarcity of local buses here.
Interesting Trivia and facts about the Albert Hall Museum
- The Museum is also known as Government Central Museum
- The oldest museum in the State
- It is named after King Albert Edward VII
- It is a perfect blend of Indo- Saracenic architecture.
- It was initially intended to be a town hall but was modelled out to be a museum by Madho Singh II.
- It was built by Sir Samuel Swinton Jacob.
- Café Coffee Day
- Shree Nath Lassiwala
- Barbeque Nation
- Jaipur Jungle
- Diggi Palace
- Tapri Tea House
Roaring the cultural antiquity of the State, the Museum harbours artefacts from different parts of the country. It is divided into different sections; each section having a feature unique to its own. Albert Hall Museum is amazingly beautiful reigning in a sophisticated elegance and is one of the must visit Places in Jaipur.