- Famous for: Viewpoint, photo point, sightseeing, hiking, trekking and horse riding.
- Entrance Fees:
- Horse Riding fees per person: 500 to Rs.700.
- Visiting Time: Open for 24 hours. Advisable to visit from 8 AM to 6 PM.
- Duration of Visit: 2 hours.
Nainital, the jewel of Kumaon is a very popular hill station not just among the north Indians but across the whole subcontinent as well as among the foreign tourists. Nainital is also sometimes called the Lake district of India as the hill station has been adorned with some of the major lakes of India notably Naini Lake, Bhimtal, Naukuchya Tal etc. Another major attraction which is frequently flocked by tourists is the Tiffin Top. The following article is a comprehensive guide for the same.
- Don’t forget to take your camera or handycam with you as the place offers a view point for some captivating scenery of the Kumaon hills around Nainital.
- It is not prohibited to shoot video or do some still photography at the place.
- The viewpoint alone is a little bit difficult to access or get to. We’ll advise you to wear some comfortable footwear as the walk alone can turn out to be hectic.
- But the rugged terrain has its own dividends to offer in the form of breath-taking views of Nainital.
- Always keep a water bottle with you in case of dehydration.
- We’ll advice you to keep a good pair of binoculars with you for having a better view of the hills.
- It is advisable to do the trek during daytime.
Things to Do
- Roam around the place, breath in that fresh cold mountain area and get on a refreshing hike to the Tiffin Top.
- The place offers some splendid panoramic views of this beautiful hill station.
- The views are even better during the night, when the sleepy mountains of Nainital are illuminated by lights.
- Indulge in a photography session as the place offers some of the best views of the snow-clad peaks of Himalayas.
- The place is renowned among the tourists for its romantic sunset and sunrise.
Availability of Guides
There is no need to hire a guide or to avail their services. The place is pretty much self-explanatory.
Best Time to Visit
Nainital being a hill station sits at an elevation of 2084 metres above sea level. So, it is advisable to visit the hill station during the summer months. Especially between the months of March and June, during which the weather is quite pleasant. The temperature varies from 10 degrees to 27 degrees of Celsius which is quite comfortable for sightseeing.
How to Reach
Tiffin Top is 5 kilometres away from the Tallital Bus Stand of Nainital. It is a bit far from the Kathgodam Railway station and is 29 kilometres away. If you have flied in, then we would suggest you to take the route which goes via NH 109 as the Tiffin Top is then about 67 kilometres away from the Pantnagar Airport. Other modes of transport such as private taxis and travellers are also available.
- Tiffin Top is also known by the name of Dorothy’s Seat.
- The site is dedicated to English Artist Dorothy Kellet.
- Its elevation is 2292 metres from the sea level.
- Total distance of the trekking track is 4-6 kilometres.
- The spot is located on the top of Ayarpatta Hill.
- Naini Devi Temple
- Nainital Boat Club
- Gurudwara Shri Singh Sabha
- Cave Garden
- Tiffin Top
- Snow View Point
- Nainital Zoo
- Mukteshwar Temple
- Kainchi Dam
- Camel’s Back
- Cheena Peak
- Sukha Tal
- Sakley’s Restaurant
- Sakley’s Pastry Shop
- Honey Hut
- Zooby’s Kitchen
- Giannis Pure Veg
- Nanak Restaurant
- Machan Restaurant
- Café Chica
- Café de Mall
- The Lazy Leopard
A primary tourist spot which always finds its place on every traveller’s bucket list who comes to visit the beautiful hill station of Nainital. This cute little hill station is adorned with a myriad of tourist spots and must visit places. Tiffin Top is one of the main attractions of this stunning hill station and offers splendid views of the majestic Himalayas and snow clad Shivalik Ranges. The location is rich in flora and fauna too and is adorned with oak trees, spruce and deodar vegetation. The hike to the viewpoint is a rejuvenating one and the view just acts as a cherry on top.