- Famous For: History, Architecture, Photography, Nature.
- Entry Fee: No fee is required till date excluding the services that you can avail of.
- Visiting Time: Preferably from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- Visiting Duration: 1 to 2 hours.
Rishikesh, the abode of the sages, has always been in the limelight because of the varied flora and fauna present there. In the beauty of the gorgeous flora and fauna, the sages have submitted their lives to the practice of meditation and yoga that has given them immense tranquillity and reverence. Close to this quaint and little town, there exists a hamlet whose beauty had once been hidden from the entire world till the 20th Century. This hamlet from fairy tales is none other than the village of Narendra Nagar which is magnificent in terms of both beauty and bounty. The picturesque hill station of Narendra Nagar which is hidden behind the dense alpine forests of the Himalayas showcase a fantastic view of the towering, Himalayan, snow-capped peaks, the lush, green Doon Valley and the cascading Gangotri and Yamunotri. Thus, this place has gained immense popularity of lately and has, thus, become a very popular tourist destination close to Rishikesh.
- Do not litter the premises of this beautiful place.
- Carry your camera with yourself as you will be compelled to take multiple photographs of the scenic beauty around.
- Carry a towel and a mat if you want to try out yoga and meditation in the openness of this beautiful hamlet.
Things to Do There
- You can avail an ayurvedic spa, spend time doing meditation or yoga to rejuvenate your body and soul.
- Enjoy the panoramic view of the hamlet in the Himalayas.
- Learn about the history of the royal family ruling over Narendra Nagar.
- Spend some time in retrospection.
Availability of Guides
If you are expecting a professional guide around, then you will have to be dejected. However, the residents at this place are very kind and, thus, you can talk to them regarding anything you would like to know or do.
Best Time to Visit
You can visit the hamlet of Narendra Nagar whenever you can take out some time from your busy schedule. However, it would be better if you could hop in a visit in autumn to take a grand look at the orchards on your way.
How to Reach
Narendra Nagar is situated at a distance of 16 km from the main bus terminal of Rishikesh. The best and the most comfortable mode of transport to reach Narendra Nagar from the heart of Rishikesh would be a taxi.
Interesting Facts About Narendra Nagar
- The town of Narendra Nagar was established in 1919.
- It was the former capital of the Tehri state.
- The royal palace at the heart of the town is spectacular.
- This hill station houses one of the best spas in the world.
- The practices of yoga and meditation are prevalent and very popular there.
- Ram Jhula
- Laxman Jhula
- Tera Manzil Temple
- Rajaji National Park
- Triveni Ghat
- Gita Bhavan
- Sivananda Ashram
- Laxman Temple
- Beatles Ashram
- Bhootnath Temple
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple
- The Siting Element
- Café de Goa
- Ramana’s Organic Café
- Bistro Nirvana
- Pure Soul – Café and Organic Kitchen
- Little Buddha Café
- Ganga View Restaurant
- Ganga Beach Restaurant
Though it is unparalleled in terms of both beauty and bounty, Rishikesh is gradually becoming a commercialized hill station. However, the true and ancient charm of the Himalayan hill stations can still be experienced at the small town of Narendra Nagar that was hidden from the world for such a long period of time. Now that this breath-taking place is finally getting the recognition and the exposure that it deserves, this place is becoming a popular tourist destination day by day. Thus, the hamlet of Narendra Nagar is a must visit for all.