- Famous For: History, Photography, Nature, Architecture.
- Entry Fee: No fee is required till date but you might have to bribe the caretaker to get inside the premises.
- Visiting Time: Between sunrise and sunset daily
- Visiting Duration: 30 minutes to 1 hour at the most.
The age-old practice of yoga and meditation that had prevailed in Rishikesh since ages was the main reason as to why so many tourists from all over the world enjoyed visiting this serene and quiet town. Thus, inspired by the preaching of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who was adept in the practice of yoga and meditation, when the famous band ‘The Beatles’ set foot upon the sacred place of Rishikesh, it was an eye-opener for the world. Thus, after this famous visit of the legendries, Rishikesh became the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’ and has been in the limelight ever since.
- Try to visit this place with a local man because the caretaker usually asks for a heavy fee when a tourist requests him to enter the premises of the abandoned ashram.
- If you suffer from dust allergy, you should definitely cover your mouth and nose to escape from getting a running nose.
Things to Do There
- Visit the legendary ashram where The Beatles had spent a great number of days to find internal peace and happiness.
- Take a look at the eye-catching graffities and the paintings done by the visitors on the walls of the abandoned ashram.
- Click photographs so that you can show off to your friends and family that you have set foot on the same spot that The Beatles did.
- Trek to the Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula. If you are with your friends, you can even race to the two bridges to experience what it would have been like had you been a character in the movie ‘The Bridge to Terabithia’!
Availability of Guides
Hire a professional guide from beforehand by consulting a tourist agency in Rishikesh to avoid getting swindled by the caretaker of this place.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit The Beatles Ashram in Rishikesh is in March and April when the spring season is at its splendor.
How to Reach the Place
The Beatles Ashram is 1 km from the Ram Jhula and 3 km from the Laxman Jhula. You can easily reach the place by walking this distance or by hiring a cab.
Interesting Facts About the Beatles Ashram
- The ashram was founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi as a centre of spreading the practice of yoga and meditation.
- Inspired by the spectacular teaching of the Maharishi himself, the Beatles became his true disciples.
- This place is under the control of the Government of India now and is going to be set up into a museum very soon.
- Ram Jhula
- Laxman Jhula
- Tera Manzil Temple
- Rajaji National Park
- Triveni Ghat
- Gita Bhavan
- Sivananda Ashram
- Laxman Temple
- Neelkantha Mahadev Temple
- Bhootnath Temple
- The Sitting Element
- Café de Goa
- Ramana’s Organic Café
- Bistro Nirvana
- Pure Soul – Café and Organic Kitchen
- Little Buddha Café
- Ganga View Restaurant
- Ganga Beach Restaurant
Thus, once you set your foot upon the premises of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ashram which is now famous as the Beatles Ashram, you will get to see through the days of the past and experience the tranquillity that had once prevailed at the same place. Thus, as you will get to relive the legend, you must visit The Beatles Ashram at least once in your life.
1 thought on “The Beatles Ashram, Rishikesh”
I would like to stay in the ashram for one week. Can you send me the details of fees and accommodation to my email id.