- Famous for: Photography, Serenity, Picturesque location
- Entrance Fee: No entrance fee as it is a public spot.
- Visiting Time: Sunrise to Sunset (Everyday)
- Visit Duration: 1 hour to 2 hours
Bright End Corner is a beautiful location located at a small distance away from Almora, in the state of Uttarakhand. A point of astonishing brilliance is what the place is. A mesmerizing location which is situated at a hair pin bend, it has an advantage of providing a breathtaking view of the whole town and scenery which is spread lavishly all around it. The prime attraction of the place apart from its view, is the aura which the place emits during sunrises and sunsets. This phenomenal view is what visitors from all over the world travel here for. Apart from the serene view, the place also has a library and a memorial dedicated to Swami Vivekananda situated some distance away. The place also attracts followers of Swami Vivekananda as he used to spend a lot of time around this calming spot.
- Wear comfortable shoes as a small trek can be undertaken through a cemented path from the bottom to the top for a great view.
- Be careful while reaching and parking at the location as the point is located right at a hairpin bend.
- Make sure not to forget your camera so as to take some great shots.
Things to Do
- Lay back and enjoy the amazing view of the surrounding area which includes the great Himalayas and even the Kosi glinting at a distance.
- The stunning colors which highlight the sky as the sun sets and rises, are perfect to click some really breathtaking shots, making it a favorite for photography enthusiasts.
- Trekking around the area which has a mild and pleasant climate is a fun activity to carry out with a group.
- Eat out at one of the umpteen options which are available over there. The cafes and eateries will provide the perfect spot to enjoy food in a serene environment.
- Visit the nearby location of Almora to enjoy some more sightseeing and also to shop local goods from the bazaars.
Availability of Guides
The location is a public spot frequented by nature lovers to just relax and unwind in nature’s arms. So, there are no guides around this spot.
Best Time to Visit
Since Almora has a very chilly climate during the winters making it too cold to visit, the summers are better prefered to drop a visit as the surroundings are mild and pleasant. The months from April to June are best to visit the spot. Visiting the Bright End Corner at sunrises and sunsets gives one of the most stunning and satisfying views which can ever be experienced.
How to Reach
Since the location lies just about 2 kilometers away from Almora, it is mostly visited by people who are on the way to or are going away from it. It can be easily reached by any cab or auto rickshaw. Trekking to the point through a cemented path is also another way to reach here.
Interesting Facts and Trivia about Bright End Corner
- The place had been a favorite of Swami Vivekananda, who spent quite a lot of his time around the serenity of this surroundings, contemplating his thoughts.
- There is a memorial which has been constructed quite nearby for Swami Vivekananda and is widely visited by his followers.
- A library in the vicinity has also been named after Swami Vivekananda as the Vivekananda library.
- The point marks the beginning of the Mall road of Almora.
- Hotel Shivalik
- Hotel Savoy
- Hotel Sunita
- Saraswati Palace
- Hotel Jeewan Palace
- Zero Point
- Deer Park
- Gobind Vallabh Pant Museum
- Katarmal Sun Point
- Shiv Mandir
- Nandi Devi Mandir
- Bhairavnath Mandir
The serene aura of the place and the mesmerizing view that it offers is enough to engulf anyone in tranquility and peacefulness. People who want to spend some quiet time alone, within the vicinity of nature and away from the bustle of the city, should definitely visit Bright End Corner and spend some time around the area. Moreover, the spell binding view of nature in its raw form will definitely be a beautiful experience for anyone.