- Famous For: Food, Heritage
- Entry Fee: Entrance is free of cost
- Visiting Time: 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m
- Visiting Duration: 1 to 2 hours
Kerala has always been one of the most visited places in India due to its spectacular beauty. Such is the beauty of this place that many people are inclined to visit the stretches of multiple beaches one after the other again and again. Now, a trip to the beach is obviously expected to be accompanied by a plan that includes eating out as well. Hence, the Lighthouse Beach is perfect in that respect because of the ample options available for a quick snack or a convincing meal. One such place there that offers to satisfy the appetite of the visitors is The German Bakery. The German Bakery is an age-old café and restaurant that has been catering to the tourists for around a century. This heritage bakery is very famous in that region for the quality of food and drinks because of which many hungry visitors are lured into The German Bakery every single day.
- Be prepared to wait for your turn as The German Bakery is crowded all the year round.
- Visit the café in the morning to enjoy gorging on freshly baked buns and pastries as many of the delicacies get over by the evening.
Things to Do There
- Satisfy your appetite with an enormous range of exquisite food.
- Take a nap after a hearty meal while lying down beneath the shade of an umbrella on the beach.
- Visit the ruins of the lighthouse located a little distance away from the site of the bakery.
- Build a sandcastle with your friends and family for enjoying a wonderful and a memorable trip.
- Indulge in games such as beach volleyball in the amazing atmosphere of this gorgeous sparkling beach despite the heat.
Availability of Guides
Guides are not available or needed at this place. The courteous staff would help you out with anything that you require.
Best Time to Visit
The German Bakery can be visited all the year round as per your choice and convenience. However, it is recommended that you visit the bakery in the morning as the limited quantity of bakery products get over by the evening.
How to Reach
The German Bakery is located at the heart of Kovalam. An auto-rickshaw can be hired from anywhere in the city. The Lighthouse Beach is at a walking distance from here.
Interesting Facts About the German Bakery
- The German Bakery is famous in this region for its similarity to European bakeries.
- This is a heritage bakery. Thus, to hold on to the roots and legends, the tourists, the locals and the celebrities too drop in a visit to this age-old place.
- The fresh pastries, pancakes and drinks are simply delicious and lure tourists to the bakery again and again.
- The courteous staff and the scenic beauty of the surrounding area another plus point.
- The German Bakery also provides free Wi-Fi to the guests.
- Lighthouse Beach
- Kovalam Beach
- Samudra Beach
- Neyyar Dam
- Sellayani Lake
- Soji Yoga – Day Classes
- Karamana River
- Kovalam Surf Club
- Ayurveda Panchakarma Centre
- 3rd Rock
- Sanjeevani restaurant
- Curry Leaf
- A Beach Café
- Oyster Restaurant
- Malabar Café
- Lonely Planet
- The Terrace
- Molly’s Retreat Restaurant
The German Bakery, a heritage bakery, has maintained its high quality of food. Along with serving a world-class European cuisine, The German Bakery has started an Indian cuisine that is equally delicious and, thus, the visitors are drawn to this place again and again to relish the aroma and taste of the food. Thus, this place deserves a visit from every tourist.