- Famous For: Nature, Photography, Adventure, Romance.
- Entry Fee: No fee is required barring adventure sports, transport and food.
- Visiting Time: Open daily from sunrise to sunset.
- Visiting Duration: 30 minutes to 1 hour.
The state of Kerala is known for its natural beauty. With the glistening beaches forming a vivid contrast to the clear, blue waters, the sun finds a remarkable mirror in this place to cast its reflection such as Edakallu in Kovalam. Edakallu is a popular Sunset Point located in the heart of Kovalam. With the white fluffy clouds floating across the clear, blue sky, Edakallu offers a panoramic view across the distant horizon where the sky and the sea meet. This is the junction where the fiery sun goes down spreading its golden hue all across the sky and setting the wide sky on fire. The white clouds gradually shine with an essence of red and orange and make the world look gorgeous and astounding. Thus, to experience the dancing colours in Edakallu during sunset, tourists flock to this place every day throughout the year.
- If you are going to Edakallu to witness the gorgeous sunset, you must book your ride beforehand as the rickshaws might take advantage of tourists before dawn and ask for more money.
- Wear light clothes because you will feel extremely hot as soon as the rays of the sun hit the glistening waters.
Things to Do There
- Experience watching the rising or the setting of the sun across the distant horizon.
- Take part in swimming against the splashing waves on the shoreline of the Lighthouse Beach and the Eve Beach to experience the blood flowing through your veins.
- Hold the hands of your lover and take a pleasant and a romantic walk down the soft sands while the sea waters occasionally touch your feet.
Availability of Guides
Guides are present there to help you out willingly.
Best Time to Visit
You must visit the place in between November and February so that you to experience the optimum beauty of this place.
How to Reach
Eve Beach and Lighthouse Beach are near each other and are easily accessible from the centre town 1 km away. After reaching any of the two beaches, you can directly walk a few hundred metres to reach Edakallu.
Interesting Facts About the Sunset Point – Edakallu
- The beaches are adorable for a family picnic or an outing with friends because of the privacy that it offers.
- The sandy beach is a marvelous sight to look at especially due to the different sand structures created by artists during their leisure time almost every day.
- The coconut sold at the beach is one of the best in the world and is a remarkable aspect of the beach.
- The sandy stretch is adorned with tall coconut trees and the shady palm trees which give a soothing effect to the weary travellers.
- Lighthouse Beach
- Kovalam Beach
- Samudra Beach
- Neyyar Dam
- Sellayani Lake
- Soji Yoga – Day Classes
- Karamana River
- Kovalam Surf Club
- Ayurveda Panchakarma Centre
- 3rd Rock
- Sanjeevini restaurant
- Curry Leaf
- A Beach Café
- Oyster Restaurant
- Malabar Café
- Lonely Planet
- The Terrace
- Molly’s Retreat Restaurant
It can be perceived that a walk down the sunset point, Edakallu, in Kovalam is a perfect thing to do in order to get some relief from the hustle and bustle of the city life. Offering an enchanting peach and beauty that drive the tourists into a state of joyful trance, Edakallu is the paradise that we often in about in the fairy tales. Thus, this place is a must visit for all.