- Famous for: Paintings and sculptures, Indian Art, sightseeing
- Entrance Fee: Free of charge
- Visiting Time: 10 AM to 4 PM
- Visit Duration: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Kovalam Art Gallery is situated on the famous Hawah Beach in Kovalam, in the southern state of Kerala. This gallery is a must visit for art lovers and artists alike. The place houses some beautiful sculptures and paintings, mostly representing the ancient Indian traditions. Heavily frequented by international visitors, the Kovalam Art Gallery is a true platform for artistic expression in the area.
- Confirm the gallery timings and opening days before visiting here.
- Make sure you carry your sunglasses and sunscreen as the area can get very hot and humid in the afternoon.
- Time your visit in such a way that you can experience the beautiful views at the Hawah Beach after your trip to the gallery.
Things to Do
- Check out the age-old art representing the cultures and artistic traditions in this part of the Indian sub-continent.
- Take a long evening walk on the Hawah beach or sit in the sun near the waves to get the perfect tan, depending on the time of your visit.
- Have a meal at the beach side shacks after your art exploration visit to indulge in some lip smacking sea food delicacies.
Availability of Guides
You can choose to have a guided trip to Kovalam Art Gallery if you book a tour from any of the local tour agencies in Kovalam. As this is an art gallery, a guide is not essential here and you can also go by yourself.
Best Time to Visit
The gallery can be visited at any time of the year, but if you are planning a trip to Kovalam, try to go between the months of November to February. You will encounter light showers and temperatures around 20 degrees Celsius at this time.
How to Reach
The Kovalam Art Gallery is easy to find because of its location on the famous Hawah beach. You can easily get an auto rickshaw or a taxi from the city.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Kovalam Art Gallery
- The gallery receives both local and international visitors who come here to look at the artifacts and the paintings.
- The main highlight of the Kovalam Art Gallery are the ancient Indian paintings.
- Hawah Beach
- Lighthouse Beach
- Kovalam Beach
- Vizhinjam Lighthouse
- Samudra Beach
- Vellayani Lake
- Vizhinjam Village
- Grow Beach
- Varsha Restaurant
- Anitha’s Bristo and Cafe
- Rock Cafe
- A Beach Cafe
- Crab Club
- Santana Restaurant
- German Bakery
- Malabar Cafe
- Lonely Planet
Kovalam Art Gallery is the perfect place to let out the art lover in you. The artefacts housed here will not only enchant but also inspire. A trip to the gallery can easily be undertaken while you are visiting the Hawah Beach, so make sure you do not miss it!