- Famous for: Natural beauty, amazing adventures, scenic setting, Seeking Experience, serene location and blissful peace.
- Entrance Fee: The entry fee to this lake is just 15 rupees and the boat rides cost extra.
- Visiting Time: The lake is open to visitors from 8 in the morning till 7 in the evening.
- Visit Duration: 1- 2 hours
Mussoorie Lake is a beautiful location in the city of Mussoorie and is one of those spots that one can possibly not afford to miss while one is in this city. Mussoorie is known for its serene setting and calm nature of trips and this lake adds more truth to the serenity and calmness. This huge lake is well known for boating and you can paddle your way through the lake and spend some quality time with people that matter. This is an artificial lake yet feels surreal and gives one the opportunity to have some of the best views of the Doon valley. Lying on the Mussoorie Dehradun highway this lake gets huge number of visits by the passers-by and is one of the favourite spots of people who experience the pleasure in Mussoorie.
- This lake is on the Highway and usually takes half the day to visit, so if you are planning on visiting Dehradun too then visit this place on your way to Dehradun.
- Make sure you take a tour of the lake and experience the boat rides.
- Carrying a camera here would be highly recommended, for this place will make you grab it and click some awesome pictures.
- This lake is a major picnic spot and if you can spare a day then it is a great option to have a picnic here with family or friends.
- There are shops near the lake that provide refreshments so you don’t need to carry your own things everywhere.
Things to Do
- Take a walk along the beautiful lake and see the wonderful place on foot.
- Take the boat ride and paddle your way through the water, to see some amazing sights and have a wonderful experience in this amazing lake.
- Click some awesome pictures that’ll remind you of your trip whenever you look at them.
- If possible, try to take a day and have some quality time with your family or friends here as this place provides for a wonderful picnic spot.
Availability of Guides
Guides are not available at this place but one even feel the need of one as there is not much depth when it comes to the facts of this location.
Best Time to Visit
One can visit this lake any time of the year for an awesome experience yet the monsoons give this place an extra dimension of wonder which makes this place look exceptionally majestic.
How to Reach
This Lake lies on the Mussoorie Dehradun highway and is just 6 kms on the road. One can come here via bus or even book a cab if one feels the need.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Mussoorie Lake
- Mussoorie Lake is not a natural lake but was artificially built.
- The lake gives you some of the most amazing views one can have of the Doon valley.
- This lake is a major tourist attraction and also a well-known picnic spot.
- The drive to this lake is a long, quiet and scenic one.
- Jharipanni Falls
- Lal tibba
- Kempty falls
- Bhata falls
- Clouds end
- Gun Hill
- The Mall
- Jwala Devi Temple
- Company Garden
- Camel Back Road
- Being Wildlife Sanctuary
- Fortune Restaurant
- Café De Tavern
- Momos Restaurant
- The Rice Bowl
- Sher E Punjab
- Mughal Dilli 6
- Hotel Midtown
- Urban Turban Bistro
Mussoorie Lake is a great place to release some stress and clam yourself. As wonderful as the other places in Mussoorie, this lake provides you the calmness that you need away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Visiting this place will give you a sense of pleasure that will help you free yourself from the tensions of the monotonous life. Make sure you visit this place to have a complete experience of the trip to Mussoorie.