- Famous for: History, Literary Exploration, Seeking Experience
- Entrance Fee: Rs.10 per person
- Visiting Time: 10:30 am to 4:30pm
- Visit Duration: 1 hour
Sumitranandan Pant Gallery, houses numerous literary works of the highly-acclaimed poet of the same name. The gallery has the entire life’s worth of work of the poet within its four walls. You can discover poems, draft works, essays, plays and other work of the revered poet encased in glass boxes and preserved beautifully. The poet is regarded as a writer of great flair, penning down his thoughts about various topics in a way so as to make the words dance on the page, create vivid images in the reader’s mind and make his/her heart’s strings strike a melody. The gallery also has many artefacts such as statues, coins, musical instruments and any other belongings that may have been part of his life’s journey. The picturesque landscape combined with the heartening weather, makes this gallery even more therapeutic for lovers of the written word.
Things to Do
- You can revisit and revive your love for literature and poetry at this beautiful gallery.
- At Kasauni, you can try a number of adventure sports, such as trekking or mountain biking.
- Kasauni also has a number of meditation centers that can help you connect with your inner self, against the calming backdrop of the serene mountains and glorious nature.
Best Time to Visit
Kasauni is a small hill town that largely experiences a pleasant climate all throughout the year. The place has breezy summers, vibrant monsoons and cool winters. The best time to visit the hill station however is the winter months, when the nights are chilly and the summers are cool. You can however also visit during the summers to escape the heat in your home town. Monsoons make the roads slippery therefore most travelers avoid this season. However, the vibrancy of the greens is most clearly experienced in the rains.
How to Reach
To reach Sumitranandan Pant Gallery you need to first carve your journey to Kasauni itself. The hill station is well connected by air, railways as well as road. Although most people prefer to travel here by road as it is well connected to nearby cities, you can also reach by a flight- nearest airport is Naini Saini in Pithoragarh, which is 112km away. You can easily avail a cab or taxi from the airport. In order to reach by railways, nearest station is Kathgodam railway station. A plethora of buses and taxis can be hailed from right outside the station to reach your destination, Kasauni.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Sumitranandan Pant Gallery
- Kasauni is the birthplace of the legendary Sumitranandan Pant.
- The gallery is his residence converted into a museum celebrating his life’s literary works.
- Every year, a poet symposium is held by the museum which coincides with the birth anniversary of the poet.
- He has authored a total of twenty eight published works that includes magical poetry, imaginative essays and living, breathing plays.
- He has been commemorated with the honor of being one of the pioneers of the Chhayavaadi school of Hindi literature.
- Lakshmi Ashram
- Baijnath Temple
- Rudradhari Falls and Caves
- Kausani Tea Estate
- Gandhi Ashram
- Kot Brahmari Temple
- Rudradhari Falls
- Garden Restaurant
- Yogi Restaurant
- Valley Restaurant
For the lovers of various art forms and those who are huge poetry fanatics, the Sumitranandan Pant gallery is the place to be. Apart from the gorgeous surroundings; the chirping birds, lively greens, clear skies and towering hills, you can add another treat to you trip by rejoicing in the life of this legendary poet. The poetry will leave you spellbound and will put you in wonder. The insightful perspective of the poet once discovered may forever change your worldview. To immerse yourself in the most beautiful literary experience of your life, be sure to give this gallery a visit.