- Famous for: Admiration of nature, Photography, Seeking Experience
- Entrance Fee: No entry fee
- Visiting Time: Sunrise to sunset
- Visit Duration: Around 1 hour
Sunset Point, a mesmerizing viewpoint near Nakki Lake in Mount Abu has all the pleasures of the world packed and delivered to your heart. The place offers unprecedented views of the gorgeous hills, kissed with the radiating rays of the sun. The sunset point is a retreat for all nature lovers to bask in the glory of the last rays of the sun. You will surely be in awe of the magic that unfolds, as the sun sets, coloring the sky in varied shades of red and orange, making the greens on the hills seem ever more refreshing. Take in the lovely views of the hill station, at this scenic spot, coupled with the warm embrace of the sun.
- Be sure to reach the place much before the sunset time, to find a good spot for yourself to enjoy the view. Otherwise, the point gets crowded very fast leaving little space for you to enjoy the sunset.
- Be wary of your personal belongings from the monkeys running about.
- Don’t forget to carry a good camera for capturing the most lavish views of the receding sun.
- Food is available at local stalls around the sunset point.
Things to Do
- You can reach the sunset point via a horse ride, enjoying the adventurous travel.
- Capture breathtaking views of the sunset.
- Sunset point is a celebrated picnic spot. You can come out here early, select the perfect spot offering an undisturbed and clear view and lay out your blanket for the most picturesque picnic setting ever.
- Surrounding the sunset point are various shops and stalls selling souvenirs of interest to tourists. These include beautifully carved wooden toys and idols.
- You can trek to the Baylak’s Walk nearby, enjoying pony rides there.
Best Time to Visit
Mount Abu is a picturesque hill station, with deep valleys and towering, rugged mountains. It has a pleasant climate throughout the year so you can ideally visit it during any season. Monsoons are however perfect if you want to see the lush greenery come to life. During summers, you can feel the warm sunrays recede in the distance as the chilly night sets in, at the gorgeous Sunset Point.
How to Reach
You can reach Mount Abu by flight, train or even by car, as it is well connected to other major cities in Rajasthan. Reaching the Sunset Point would require you to undertake a one kilometer walk from the Town Centre Road. It is also located in proximity to the Nakki Lake (about 3km) so you can reach the Sunset Point via car or a local taxi from the lake.
- Nakki Lake
- Toad Rock
- Raghunath Mandir
- Doodh Baori
- Lawrence Church
- King’s Food, near Nakki Lake
- Sarovar Restaurant
- Us Pizza
- Terrace Restaurant
- Café Shikibo
- Arbuda Restaurant
- La Vista Restaurant
Mountains and hill stations promise its visitors the best time of their lives in the pleasant climate, colorful flora and picturesque landscapes. Mount Abu is one such hill station that offers a lovely environment for you and your loved ones to escape the busy work life and enter paradise. Sunset point in Mount Abu makes up for the long travels you may have undertaken by giving you a relaxing embrace of natural beauty. The sun kissed mountains give all the tourists the peace of mind they need. Enjoy a lively picnic or some splendid snapshots of the sunset point, but above all, take home the serene feeling of quietude and natural beauty.