- Famous for: History, Archaeology
- Entrance Fee: 30 Rupees per person for Indians; 70 Rupees per person for Foreigners
- Visiting Time: 9 am to 8 pm
- Visit Duration: 2- 3 Hours
A small but charming and unique compilation of Jaisalmer’s history in the form of artifacts, coins, photographs of the earlier times and a historical collection of the city’s good old times is exhibited thoroughly in Thar Heritage museum. The snakes and ladders game is also an engaging one after a brief tour in this stunning museum. It is more of a private collection of Jaisalmer’s royal times and the owner here is also quite helpful as he guides you throughout the collection and telling the exact details of each historical artifact demonstrated.
- While morning and noon are the most obvious times of visiting this place, make sure to hit it in the dawn time to catch the striking puppet show.
- You can take water bottles with you as there are no stalls available in the premises.
Things to Do
- Take part in the interesting Snakes and Ladders.
- Don’t miss the engaging and amiable puppet show that is inherently the very spirit of Rajasthani culture.
Availability of Guides
The Museum’s owner guides through the collection explaining their history as well as briefing about the museum.
Best Time to Visit
The evening puppet show is a quaint one and the locals around also explore the museum during the twilight time. Rajasthan’s evenings are quite soothing and that’s why it is the idyllic time to discover this place and conclude your visit with the stunning puppet show.
How to Reach
It is situated in the main and central market of the city. You can take any public transport from Jaisalmer to the Thar Heritage Museum.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Thar Heritage Museum
The collection not only tells you about Jaisalmer’s times but also let you peep into the beautiful Rajasthani traditions and cultures, their modes of trade, currency and coins and many other historical memories of Rajasthan.
- Moonlight Restaurant
- Chandan Shree Restaurant
- Joshi Raman Bakery
- Mandir Palace Restaurant
A short yet informative visit to this lovely Thar Heritage Museum will surely make you ponder over the state’s old times and its royal history. It is a favorite of history buffs, and if you have not yet discovered it, this site is a must one for everyone who wants to unleash the rich ancient past of Rajasthan and immerse yourself into some interesting history lessons at the exquisite Thar Heritage Museum.