- Famous For: Nature, Photography, Adventure.
- Entry Fee: No entry fee. Charges on adventure sports.
- Visiting Time: Whenever you want to as it is open 24×7.
- Visiting Duration: 2 to 3 hours minimum.
As exclaimed, Kerala is truly ‘God’s Own Country’. This is the land where boat races are a part and parcel of the festive life of the people who celebrate the world-famous festival of Onam with full vigour and grandeur. Not only is it a land of a wide of flora and fauna, but, it is also a land which is adorned with beaches that are a reflection of happiness. A perfect place to spend some time in fun and frolic, the Cherai Beach in has always been on the priority list of every tourist who has set foot upon Kerala. Known for an exotic adventure, a soothing tranquillity and a panoramic view, the Cherai Beach is one of the most famous beaches in that region that has gained popularity all over the world. Thus, it is evident that every tourist must visit the Cherai Beach during his or her trip to Kerala.
- Do not litter the place.
- You must pack your bag with all the beach clothing that you possess so that you look appropriate and feel comfortable.
- Enjoy the beautiful sunrise and sunset across the wide horizon.
- Take your camera with you so that you can click multiple photographs from different angles as the view from this beach is superb.
Things to Do There
- Enjoy a quiet jogging down the beach in the early hours of the day against the cool breeze.
- Take part in swimming with the splashing waves across the shoreline.
- Spend some time alone in introspection in the serenity of nature.
- Take multiple photographs of the scenic beauty all around.
Availability of Guides
Take the help of professional guides are available here and would guide you around the place.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Cherai Beach near Kochi is from November to February every year so that you can beat the heat there.
How to Reach the Place
The Cherai Beach is located at a distance of 34 km from Kochi. This beach can be reached by hiring a cab or by boarding a tourist bus.
Interesting Facts About the Cherai Beach
- The Cherai Beach has a long coastline that stretches for 15 km.
- The coastline presents a wide contrast comprising of the blue waters of the sea, the golden beach, the tall coconut trees and the green paddy fields that form the boundary between the beach and the main land.
- This beach is one of the best beaches in Kerala for enjoying a swim.
- The sunrise and sunset too is quite magnificent from this beach.
- Mattancherry Palace
- Paradesi Synagogue
- Francis Church, Kochi
- Hill Palace, Tripunithura
- Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica, Kochi
- Ernakulam Shiva Temple
- Indo-Portuguese Museum
- Thrikkakara Temple
- Sree Poornathrayeesa Temple
- Thamaramkulangara Sree Dharma Sastha Temple
- Sky Grill
- Mary’s Kitchen
- Qissa Café
- Oceanos Restaurant
- Old Harbour Hotel Restaurant
- The Asian Kitchen by Tokyo Bay
The Cherai Beach near Kochi is an epitome of peace and happiness. It is that place which we often dream of and wish to visit at least once in our lifetime. This beach is adorned with the sandy beach and palm trees like any other beach in Kerala, yet, there is a contrasting beauty that lies hidden beneath the forefront. The scenic beauty of this place draws tourist to this place again and again. The freedom that lies in every sand grain, the purity that captures every drop of water and the serenity that flows down with the cool breeze make the Cherai Beach a must visit for all.