- Famous For: Nature Lovers
- Entrance Fee: 10 rupees per head and 20 Rupees fee for telescope house
- Visiting Time: 7 am to 7 pm
- Visit Duration: 1-2 hours
A short walk amidst the exquisite mountains and valleys of Kodaikanal, Coakers’ Walk is a simple escape into the quaint environment of the beautiful and refreshing surroundings of the city. It is on a vertical slope of the mountain and is merely a kilometer to help you relax without making the tourists exhausted.
- You can bring drinks along to keep yourself hydrated during the walk.
- Wear your sports shoes and be cautious of the steep road.
- Lockers are also available to store your belongings.
- Food services also catered and bring your camera along to indulge in nature photography.
Things to Do
- You can also hire bicycles catered at 30 rupees per hour to ride along this charming landscape.
- Telescope house is also a must to visit while exploring the surroundings here.
- Shop around at the Kurinji Mini Super Market to buy souvenirs and mementos.
- Horse riding at the Kodai Lake is also an enthralling option to tree.
Availability of Guides
Guides are not needed to explore this place and in case you get lost you can ask people nearby for directions.
Best Time to Visit
Winter is the idyllic time to visit Coakers’ Walk as summers will not be appropriate to explore the surroundings. So, try to plan your visit here during December to February which is the chilly period to amaze yourself with a great time in nature.
How to Reach
Kodaikanal Railway Station being just half a km from the walk is the closest one to arrive at the place. Moreover, Madurai and Coimbatore are the closest airports and road network is also quite reachable through public transports or hiring cars to reach this place.
Interesting Facts and Trivia about Coakers’ Walk
- Created in 1872, Coakers’ Walk was constructed by Lieutenant Coaker. The weather is mostly cloudy near this place so visiting it on a moderate and clear time of the year is what can turn your visit here into a rejuvenating one!
- The hills of the Pamber River can be spotted in the south-east direction where Madurai is situated.
- It begins at Van Allen Hospital and also includes St. Peter’s Church and you can witness the charming ambience and a mesmerizing mood that can allure anyone with its beauty.
- ‘Brachem Spectre’ is another phenomenon which this place is famous for and occurs to those lucky ones who are able to witness their shadow in the clouds with the halo of a rainbow especially when sun is at your back side and clouds along with mist on the front.
- Kodai Lake
- Peters Church
- Kurinji Mini Super Market
- Bryant Park
- Kodaikanal Yoga Center
- Dolphin Nose
- Astoria Veg
- Domino’s Pizza
- Sapphire One Way Restaurant
- Pastry Corner
- Cloud Street
- Hilltop Inn
- Cafe Cariappa
- Baskin Robbins
- Rice & Spice
- Royal Tibet
- Abys Café
- Café Coffee Day
Hence, Coakers’ Walk is an amazing place to indulge oneself in sightseeing the enchanting mountains and vistas of Kodaikanal and letting yourself soak in the healing beautiful aura of this nature’s walk. Having lots of things to try here from boating to visit telescope house and shopping at the nearest bazaar you can actually spend a whole day pondering over the exquisite landscape of Coaker’s Walk. And if you are lucky enough, you can also be a part of the Brachem Spectre and experience the magic and allure of the charming nature here. So make sure you visit this place during your journey at Kodaikanal which is filled with numerous treats to awe yourself with the lovely environment of this tourist attraction!