- Famous for: Trekking, Seeking Experience
- Entrance Fee: No entry fee
- Visit Duration: The entire trek can last anywhere between 4.5-5 hours.
Triund, in Mcleodganj is a beautiful destination that offers lovely views of the Dhauladhar Ranges and the Kangra valley. The place is most famous for its trekking trail, which is perfect for amateurs. The trek is only moderately challenging, as it simply tests your endurance and can be completed in a relatively short span of time. Moreover, the majestic views of deep valleys and green flora will accompany your tiredness, making you feel rejuvenated with every step. Triund also has a great many facilities for camping overnight, huddled next to a bonfire, you can feel the cool winds gently blow all your worries away. The trek is 9 km long and is sure to be one of the most exhilarating experiences of your life.
- If you wish to halt in between your trek, you can stay at some accommodations provided at the Gallu Devi Temple.
- On reaching Triund, you can camp there, or you can also stay at a guesthouse provided by the Forest Department.
- Pack you own water and high energy food, as the cost of these things increases as you reach the top.
- Be sure to carry a raincoat as the weather can change from humid to a downpour very fast.
- Start the trek early in the morning so you can return on the same day. Avoid trekking at night and be sure to carry a torch.
- Carry a small medical kit with you in case of emergencies.
- The trek is moderately challenging, however if you have breathing issues, be sure to consult a medical specialist before undertaking the trek.
Things to Do
- Enjoy the majestic views from the top at Triund at the end of your trek.
- Gorge on some freshly brewed tea and healthy snacks along the trek, keeping yourself revitalized and your senses strong.
- You can set your tents and settle in for the most beautiful camping experience of your life at Triund.
- You can spend a day in Mcleodganj, breathing in the fresh air and visiting serene attractions like the Bhagsu Falls and the Bhagsunah Temple.
Best Time to Visit
The high hills of Triund should be avoided during the extreme winter months that experience heavy snowfall, namely January and February. The ideal time to visit such a high altitude, especially if you wish to enjoy the lovely trekking option, is from May-June and October-November. The monsoon months make the trekking trail exceptionally perilous and unstable, hence you must avoid visiting Triund during this time.
How to Reach
Triund is well connected by road, rail and even airways. Government and private buses travel to Mcleodganj daily. However, to reach with ease, you can reach by flight to the nearest airport which is Gaggal Airport. The base of the trek begins at Dharamkot.
- Gallu Devi Temple
- Bhagsu Waterfalls
- The Namgyal Stupa
- Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts
- Rest a While Café
- Himalaya Tea shop
- Magic View Café
- Shiva Cafe
- Best View Café
Triund will offer you a piece of paradise, right here on Earth. The most beautiful location will be witnessed via an electrifying trek, which will challenge your stamina and propel you to achieve greatness. The beauty of this place lies in the rawness of nature that it offers to its visitors. One is so far from modern luxuries, and still feels pampered in these hills. The mesmeric climate, combined with the stunning views are enough to motivate you to gather all your energy to trek, only to recharge it once you’re on the top. Experience beauty in its purest form by giving Triund a well-deserved visit.