- Famous For: Nature, Adventure, Photography
- Entry Fee: No fee is required.
- Visiting Time: Visit before sunset.
- Visiting Duration: 1- 1.5 hours.
Kullu Manali is the most sought after tourist destination in India because of the majestic view of the Himalayas from this region. This place is a true nature’s paradise with the cascading waterfalls, the gushing rivers and streams, the snow-capped mountains and the various fruit orchards. The Beas River is one such beauty that enhances the enchanting nature of Kullu Manali with its clear blue waters flowing down with great speed and hitting the sturdy boulders on its way. The magnificence of this river has made it a popular tourist destination. Moreover, the adventurous river rafting offered by the River Beas is another major reason as to why tourists of various places are drawn to this fairyland of Kullu and Manali. Thus, a visit to this popular and remarkable river is an unmatched experience.
- Wear comfortable shoes as you will be required to walk uphill and downhill while going to and from the banks of the River Beas which has a variety of terrains on different areas of its banks.
- Watch your steps on the muddy road because if you slip accidentally, you might even not return.
- Take your camera and your other belongings fastened tightly to yourself.
- Make sure that you are going in a group to avoid risking your life.
- Be accompanied by a local guide so that you do not get lost.
- Before trying out the adventure sports like river rafting and more, make sure that you get your physical conditions checked by a doctor to ensure a safe and sound experience.
Things to Do
- Indulge in adventure sports like river rafting and others.
- Take multiple photographs of the panoramic beauty that will surround you.
- Spend some time with your own self in the quietude of the river and the dense forests around.
- Take a dip in the clear water of the River Beas if you know how to swim.
Availability of Guides
You will not come across a professional guide there. However, the local people are very good and would gladly help you out with the way.
Best Time to Visit
The River Beas can be visited any time of the year. However, the river is at its best in the monsoon season. Hence, even though the monsoon season is very risky in Himachal Pradesh due to the sudden landslides, it is recommended that you visit the river in the monsoon season if you are ready for an unforgettable adventure.
How to Reach
The River Beas is located at a distance of 5 km from the Manali Bus Stop. You can reach the banks of the river easily by hiring a private taxi or by boarding a public bus.
Interesting Facts About the River Beas
- The length of the River Beas is 470 km.
- The Beas Kund is the source of the River Beas in the Himalayas.
- This age-old river is named as Vipasha in Sanskrit and Hyphasis in Greek.
- This river flows through the two states of Himachal Pradesh and Punjab.
- The river is a great source of the generation of electricity in India through hydro-electric power plants.
- The drainage basin of the River Beas is one of the largest drainage basins in India.
- The River Beas has found mention in different eras of the Indian history starting from the invasion of Alexander the Great around 326 B.C.E.
- Hidimba Devi Temple
- Rohtang Pass
- Solan Valley
- Bhrigu Lake
- Pandoh Dam
- Bijli Mahadev
- Great Himalayan National Park
- Manu Temple
- Manali Club House
- Museum of Himalayan Culture, Folk and Art
- Il Forno
- Café 1947
- Johnson’s Bar and Restaurant
- Drifters’ Café
- The Johnson’s Café
- Renaissance Italian and Mexican
- The Lazy Dog
- Casa Bella Vista
- Mom’s Kitchen
- Fat Plate Café
- The Corner House
The River Beas is, thus, the nature’s paradise. This holy and gorgeous river that has sustained life since time immemorial as laid down in the pages of history This river, hence, is a perfect tourist destination from all aspects and is, thus, a must visit for all.