- Famous for: Adventure, Thrill Seeking, Photography, Natural Beauty
- Entrance Fee: Zorbing (500 per person), rope way (500 per person), paragliding (1200 per person)
- Visiting Time: 10 AM to 6 PM
- Visit Duration: 3 to 4hours
Solang Valley in Kullu Manali is named after the Solang village, near which it is located. Also, known as Solang Nalla, this place is a famous adventure ground for tourists in Himachal Pradesh. Just 14 kilometres from the Manali, the valley welcomes a large number of adventure lovers in both winter, as well as summer months. Offering mesmerizing views of the snow-capped mountains in winter, the place becomes a skiing destination with visitors signing up to any one of the popular skiing training institutes in the area. In summers, sports like paragliding and zorbing take over as the snow melts. Situated near the bank of the holy Beas river, Solang Valley can be visited on the way to Rohtang Pass from Manali.
- If you are visiting Solang Valley in summers, make sure that you try Paragliding, as it is one of the most exhilarating activities here.
- Woollen clothes are often available for rent in the area. Do remember to check for any damage before you pay for them.
- Carry sunglasses and wear socks with sturdy shoes so that you have no problem while taking part in the adventure.
- The place can be crowded sometimes so expect a bit of a rush and traffic while getting here.
Things to Do
- Trek your way to the Shiva Temple situated around two kilometres away from the Solang Valley.
- Take a ride on the rope way and see stunning views of the hills and meadows.
- Engage the thrill seeker in you and go for paragliding, zorbing, or skiing down the steep snow covered slopes.
- Play in the snow and take in the breath-taking scenery.
Availability of Guides
Though guided tours are available from Manali, Solang Valley can be easily visited on your own. It is important to note that a guided tour may let you experience all the adventure activities you like, but you may have to do so in a rush. So, if you are looking for a calmer and slower experience, we recommend that you explore this place by yourself.
Best Time to Visit
The months of summer and winter see different faces of the valley. The winter months from December to February are usually considered to be the best time to visit as you can experience the beautiful snowfall and skiing down the slopes. If you prefer activities like zorbing and paragliding, the summers might be the best time to visit for you.
How to Reach
You can hire a taxi from Manali which will cost around Rs. 600. A much cheaper alternative is to take the government bus from Manali bus stand at 8 in the morning. The bus returns at 3 pm from Solang Valley.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Solang Valley
- Hindi and Himachali or Pahadi language is commonly spoken in the area.
- The commercial skiing grounds were established in 2011 in the Valley and have trained and served a number of adventure lovers since.
- Chai and Maggi available in the nearby tea stalls in the area are a tourist favourite and must be experienced.
- Wooden crafts and junk jewellery are sold at the handicraft shops for visitors.
- Hidimba Devi Temple
- Beas River
- Rohtang Pass
- Van Vihar National Park
- Manu Temple
- Museum of Himalayan Culture and Folk Art
- Raghunath Temple
- Rahala Falls
- Vashisthi Baths
- Il Forno
- Johnson’s Cafe
- Toasted and Roasted
- La Plage
- Bob Dylan’s Cafe
- Tibet Kitchen
- Mehak Restaurant
- Pizza Olive
Solang Valley is an absolute delight for adventure lovers who get to experience a wide variety of activities here. Time spent here will be like no other. Visit the Solang Valley on your next trip to Himachal with your friends, family, or significant other and you are bound to make memories that you will cherish for years to come.