- Famous for: Adventurers, Nature Lovers
- Entrance Fee: Free Entry, Charges may be there for golf courses
- Visiting Time: Daytime to Evening
- Visit Duration: 1 hour- 2 hours
The two tiny hamlets situated close to Ranikhet, Upat and Kalika are pristine villages which are an ideal site for picnics and weekend getaways to unwind from your daily monotonous life. While Upat is mostly eminent for its Army Golf courses, Kalika is known for the Goddess Kalika Temple situated amidst the village. These two beautiful hamlets are a charming sight to hold and the best part is they are situated away from the hustles of city life and that’s what makes them a quaint location for all your short trips, picnics and weekend getaways.
- Don’t forget to take your cameras as the landscape is quite stunning here.
- There are numerous resorts to stay especially bungalows near to various golf courses so you can plan your vacation for more than a day here and chill out at the rejuvenating resorts. Also, spend some time in the lovely orchard of Army Golf Course and soak in the allure of nature with which these villages are enriched elegantly!
Things to Do
- Forest nursery is another chief attraction at Kalika where you will find numerous plants and herbs, thus if you have a love for plants you can buy some here for yourself.
- Army Golf Course in Upat is a must to visit and there you can try your hand at golf too!
- Visit Goddess Kalika Temple which is just a km away from Kalika and is a known shrine of this village.
Availability of Guides
You can take your Ranikhet guide with you as finding guides here in these two villages is a tough task to endeavor at.
Best Time to Visit
The time of March to June and September to November, these months are the ones with a charming weather to amaze you with and hence are the best months to travel here.
How to Reach
Upat is 5 km from Ranikhet and Kalika is merely 6 km from the town, so both hamlets are nearby so you can take a rickshaw or take cab which will take you here amidst the beautiful and enigmatic locations of Upat and Kalika.
Interesting Facts and Trivia
- Upat is actually sited amidst snowy Himalayan Mountains and the views are amazingly captivating.
- Army Golf Course of Upat has been recorded as a superiorly maintained 9-hole golf course of all courses, and is majorly for army officers but the visiting travelers as well as locals can also immerse themselves in playing golf here but there are charges for locals as well as other endeavourers.
- Within this Army Golf Course, there are striking orchards which are quite mesmerizing and will stun you with their loveliness.
- West View Hotel
- Chevron Rosemount
- The Tea Lounge
- Queens Court
- Oak Garden
Hence, these immaculate hamlets are a retreat to enchant you with and your time here will surely make you realize the importance of nature in our lives. Golf courses situated in Upat are a must to check out and you should once try to attempt this sport in case you haven’t tried it yet. They are exquisite and quaint in their landscape and there are temples, orchards and especially a private nursery to help you indulge in buying some plants which will be perfect souvenirs for your journey here. Moreover, these villages are hidden treats of Ranikhet and spellbind you with their beauty once you reach here. You can trip for a weekend break or a day tour, both ways Upat and Kalika will not thwart you but certainly make you happy and jolly with their stunning location, bon voyage!