- Famous For: History, Photography, Nature, Adventure.
- Entry Fee: No fee is required.
- Visiting Time: From sunrise to sunset daily.
- Visiting Duration: 30 minutes to 1 hour.
When the hectic life in the city gives a headache to a person, a trip to Ranikhet acts as the antidote to the uncured headache developed in the city. Ranikhet, situated in the heart of the Himalayas in the state of Uttarakhand, is the true replica of the mirth of heaven. Surrounded by the towering peaks of the Himalayas that protects this peaceful hill station with utmost love and affection, Ranikhet is a natural wonder. The panoramic scenic beauty influences every visitor and cures the ailing heart and mind. To accompany this process of healing, one of the most sacred and the popular temples among the local people, the Haida Khan Babaji Temple, plays an important role and is, thus, a very popular destination when it comes to tourism in Ranikhet.
- Positively take a shower and wear fresh clothes to the temple if you want to perform the rituals there.
- Be careful while walking on the temple grounds barefoot because you might accidentally step on a pointed object or even fall down on the slippery floor.
- You should arrange for a walking stick before starting out for the temple on foot especially if you are an aged person.
Things to Do There
- Offer your prayers to the Almighty.
- Indulge in the rituals performed at the temple to experience the purity at heart.
- Visit the Golf Ground nearby to enjoy watching the rich folk playing golf on a bright day.
- Visit the local market and buy gifts for your friends and family.
Availability of Guides
There is an unavailability of guides inside and around the temple premises. Visitors need to explore on their own and can always ask localities in case they need any information about the place.
Best Time to Visit
You can visit the Haidakhan Babaji Temple at any time of the year as per your convenience. However, it would be better if you could avoid visiting the place in the monsoon season as the muddy and slippery roads may lead to a severe accident.
How to Reach the Place
It is situated at a distance of 5 to 6 km from the main bus terminus in Ranikhet. This place can be reached easily by walking through the winding and the elevated rustic establishments that would give you an insight into the lifestyle of the local people residing in Ranikhet.
Interesting Facts About Haida Khan Babaji Temple
- This place is famous and known after Haida Khan Baba who is believed to be a human form of God himself by his loyal followers.
- This temple is very popular not only among the local people, but also among the tourists.
- Foreigners are especially inclined to this particular temple in Ranikhet and they participate in the daily rituals of the temple wholeheartedly. They even get married in this temple following the Indian culture and tradition.
- Jhula Devi Temple
- Binsar Mahadev Temple
- Naukuchia Taal
- Golf Ground, Ranikhet
- Sunset Point
- Kalika Temple
- Mankameshwar Temple
- Bhalu Dam
- Ram Mandir
- Rani Jheel
- Mayur Restaurant
- Ranikhet Club
- Chevron Rosemount
- Sahaj Ranikhet
- Upadhyay Mishtanna Bhandar
- Bhagat Mishtanna Bhandar
- Shama Restaurant
- Himadri Bhojanalaya
- Chanda Soup and Momo
- Vicky Da Momo
With the enchanting beauty surrounding the temple and the religious chant of mantras at the site, a pilgrim is left in a state of trance that helps him or her to gain the courage and the strength required to face every upcoming adversity of life. Thus, the Haida Khan Babaji Temple is a must visit for all.