- Famous For: Adventure, Picnic, Photography, Nature.
- Entry Fee: No fee is required.
- Visiting Time: Preferably from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily though it is open 24×7.
- Visiting Duration: 2 to 3 hours.
Surrounded by the Garhwal Himalayas that protect this place from the enemy troops, Lansdowne had been in the limelight right since the hill station was established in 1887 by Lord Lansdowne himself. This hill station has fun and frolic amidst the seriousness of the training of the army. One such fun, that is, the family picnic on any occasion, has become the constant companion for the local people of Lansdowne and the enchanting places like the Tiffin Top and the Snow View Point have gained immense popularity both among the local people and the tourists.
- Book your adventure tour packages in advance so that you do not have to miss out on some fun. Remember, this is necessary as this place remains crowded throughout the year.
- Be very careful when you stand by the edges at the topmost point. There are no railings to protect you. So, you must watch out your steps.
- Walk steadily because the strong wind would feel like it is going to blow you away.
Things to Do There
- Enjoy watching the setting sun and gaze at the birds dotting the clear, blue sky just before the sun goes down from the summit.
- Indulge in a fun picnic with your family and friends.
- There are some rides for children that are arranged there every day. So, the children can be given an opportunity to take part in some fun and frolic.
- Try the coffee at the tiny stalls there. Trust me; the aroma will make you forget the popular cafés in the city for a while.
Availability of Guides
Professional guides are not available at this place. The local people themselves will help you to enjoy the wealth of this terrific place and take back wonderful memories with you when you return home.
Best Time to Visit
You can visit the beautiful places of Tiffin Top and Snow View Point any time of the year as per your convenience because no matter when you go there, you will get a whole new experience.
How to Reach the Place
The places of Tiffin Top and Snow View Point are a 2.5 km walk away from the main bus stop of Lansdowne. You can easily ask your way around to this gorgeous place or hire a taxi as per your convenience.
Interesting Facts About Tiffin Top & Snow View Point
- Tiffin Top is a famous picnic spot and is also known as Tip-n-Top.
- The view of the Trishul and Chaukhamba is excellent from this spot.
- The Snow View Point, also known as the Sunset Point, offers the most romantic view of the sunset in Uttarakhand.
- Tarakeswar Mahadev Temple
- Bhulla Taal Lake
- Darwan Singh Museum
- Mary’s Church
- John’s Church
- Santoshi Mata Temple
- Durga Devi Temple
- Bhim Pakora
- Tipsy Café
- Mayur Hotel & Restaurant
- Mayur Restaurant
- Kaludanda Café
- Zayka Restaurant
- Oaktown’s Flavour
Lansdowne is such a gorgeous place that its splendour could never be kept a secret right since its establishment. The tireless strivings in the day to day life in the cities have been erased completely whenever a person had spent some time in introspection sitting atop the Snow View Point. This natural laughter born out of the mystic nature and this deep sense of peace and respite born out of the scenic beauty draws tourists here every year. Thus, the Tiffin Top and the Snow View Point are a must visit for all.