- Famous For: Adventure, Religion, Photography, Nature.
- Entry Fee: No fee is required.
- Visiting Time: Preferably from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- Visiting Duration: 2 to 3 hours.
Lansdowne is a place of untold beauty and a tranquil ambiance and when the very same unparalleled beauty of nature joins hands with the age old legendary magic, this place gets wrapped up in new shades of glittering colours. One such extraordinary sight is the Bhim Pakora that has been that has been in the limelight for ages because of the magical placement of the sacred rocks. Thus, this religious and natural architecture is one of the topmost tourist spots in Lansdowne.
- Please do not try to push the rock structure like many of the people would be doing there. Instead, try to analyse the marvel of nature.
- Carry sufficient dry food and water and first aid too for an emergency purpose.
- Do not even think of visiting this legendary place without a camera device if you do not want to regret later.
Things to Do There
- Enjoy a short but adventurous trek through the lovely flora and fauna of that place.
- Spend some time with your lover walking hand in hand while the sun sets across the distant horizon.
Availability of Guides
There are no such people as guides there. However, you can surely arrange for a professional guide from beforehand by speaking to a travel consultancy.
Best Time to Visit
You can visit the mythological place of Bhim Pakora any time of the year as this is open all the year round.
How to Reach the Place
Bhim Pakora is located at a distance of 2 km from the main market of Lansdowne. You can reach this place only by trekking across a rough terrain. No transport is available to that location.
Interesting Facts About the Bhim Pakora
- It presents one of the shortest yet adventurous trekking routes in India comprising of a rough terrain going both uphill and downhill.
- The Bhim Pakora is a structure comprising of two boulders placed one on top of the other. The arrangement looks like with the push of a single finger, the boulder balanced on top would immediately fall. However, even with the combinational push from both the hands of multiple people, the structure remains immobile.
- With this structure, there is a belief that dates back to the Hindu mythology, the Mahabharata. According to legend, during their exile, the Pandavas had stopped at the location of the Bhim Pakora. At the same place, to showcase his unmatched strength and perfection, the strongest of the 5 brothers, Bhim, had placed these boulders as we see them today.
- The name Bhim Pakora actually relates to this legend because of which it has gained more popularity.
- Tarakeswar Mahadev Temple
- Bhulla Taal Lake
- Darwan Singh Museum
- Mary’s Church
- John’s Church
- Santoshi Mata Temple
- Durga Devi Temple
- Tipsy Café
- Mayur Hotel & Restaurant
- Mayur Restaurant
- Kaludanda Café
- Zayka Restaurant
- Oaktown’s Flavour
Lansdowne is a site of grandeur and splendour. It is the place where the nature is seen at its best. The adventure lingering in the atmosphere and the peaceful ambience of the serene hill station magnifies the ever beautiful flora and fauna that is impeccably breath-taking at this part of the Himalayas. To top it all, the legendary rock structure, Bhim Pakora, telling the tale of the Hindu mythology and showing how great an architect the nature around is, makes Lansdowne even more beautiful. Thus, Bhim Pakora is a must visit for all.