- Famous for: Photography, Seeking Experience
- Entrance Fee: No entry fee
- Visiting Time: You can visit anytime of the day
- Visit Duration: 1 hour
Surwal Lake, is a magnificent lake that will immediately carve a niche for itself in the hearts of nature lovers. The lively flora and the chirpy fauna, against the shimmering waters of the lake is a true splendor of nature. The place has the most surreal view during the time of sunrise, with the new morning rays lightning up the lake and warming our hearts. The lake is located some kilometers off Ranthambore and is worth every extra driven mile. The highlight of the lake is visible in the winter months, when migratory birds enter its premises and increase its grace. Some of the many birds spotted here are Grey heron, Common Kingfisher, Oriental Magpie Robin, Common Babbler, Jungle Babbler, Egret, Red Wattled Lapwinga and Pelicans.
- If you want to catch the most breathtaking scenes and not miss out on a lifetime opportunity, visit the lake at sunrise.
- The premises have the availability to buy food.
Things to Do
- Be ready with your cameras, even before sunrise to spot and capture exotic, colorful and magnificent birds.
- Enjoy a stunning sunrise against the refreshing water of the lake by coming here early morning.
- You can even visit the agricultural farms and fields on the opposite side of the lake.
- Apart from the water birds at the lake, other birds can be spotted on these fields.
Best Time to Visit
If you truly want to experience the natural beauty of his lake, visit it during the winter months, when the migratory birds grace its waters. Seeing the fly in flocks and elegantly drinking water will prove to be a surreal experience for you. Visit it during the months from November to March. Also, avoid planning a trip in April or May, as the water is all dried up and there remains no lake to witness. In winters, early morning time is the best time to witness the true marvel of this lake.
How to Reach
The Surwal Lake is located quite near to Ranthambore. Therefore, it can be reached via a thirty-minute ride from Ranthambore, or after a mere fifteen minute from Sawai Madhopur.
- Raj Bagh ruins
- Balas Sawai Mansingh Sanctuary
- Lakarda and Anantpura
- Amareshwar Mahadeo Temple
- Chamatkar Temple
- Rameshwaram Ghat
- Chauth Mata Temple
- Wild Dragon Dhaba
- The Oberoi Vanyavilas
- Niralo Goan restaurant
- Manisha restaurant
- The Mezbaan restaurant
- Noon to Moon
Spend your ideal vacation in the warm embrace of cool waters, at the gorgeous Surwal Lake. The lake will satisfy you both aesthetically and spiritually, giving you a chance to connect with the very best that nature has to offer. The flocks of birds, pelicans and flamingos, in the company of your loved ones is enough to make Surwal Lake as ideal spot for a relaxing visit. Keep your cameras ready to spot some exotic species, some of which you may be seeing for the very first time! Surround yourself with colorful feathers and witness the magic that unfolds at the picturesque Surwal Lake.