- Famous For: Tourism, Photography, Experience seekers and Wildlife.
- Entrance Fee: A nominal entry fee is charged per head. You will also need to book a jeep to take you around.
- Visiting Time: 6 AM TO 5 PM.
- Visit Duration: Approximately 2 to 2.5 hours.
The lush greenery and the scenic beauty of the Kachida Valley in Ranthambore make it a must visit place for all visitors. It is a quick escape from the mundane lifestyle of an individual living in the city.
- Remember that comfortable shoes and clothing is the major key. If you are uneasy and cannot move around freely, the visit will be waste.
- Pets are not allowed inside the Kachida Valley area.
- Do not try to feed any animal. You might end up harming them.
- Littering is a big no inside the Kachida Valley. The plastic bags or plastic bottles can damage the ecological balance.
- Do not make a lot of noise because that reduces your chances of sighting an animal.
- It is always best to make the first or last safari trip if you want to spot animals. During the day time, when the sun is up the animals try to avoid going out.
- Click lots of pictures of the green surroundings.
Things to Do
- Food is available in stalls. You can obviously enjoy some lip smacking food after a ride through the area.
- The jeep ride is the best as you spot animals in the area. Sloth bears and leopards are common sights in the Kachida Valley.
- Try visiting early to watch the sunrise. It is a view worth remembering.
Availability of Guides
You can hire a guide and also look up some of the traveller experiences on the internet. There are a number of articles or blog posts that enlist the stories of visit to the Kachida Valley.
The best time to visit Ranthambore is during the months of October and April. The summer months are usually very hot and the weather can be extreme at some points of the day. Extreme heat also hampers tourism. The winter months are cool and have moderate climate. Also, if you want to make the most of your trip by visiting all the places, November/ December is a fine time.
How to Reach
The nearest railway station to Ranthambore is about a distance of 10 kilometres. The name of the station is Sawai Madhopur. All major cities in India are well connected to this part, so one can avail regular trains. From the station, tourists can either hire a cab or travel by local bus to the main city area.
There are no direct flights because the place lacks an airport. It is thus, advisable to avoid the air route. If you have no other choice, the nearest would be the Sanganer airport.
The most famous route that visitors take is the bus ride. Some also drive to Ranthambore as the scenic beauty is mesmerising. Most people look forward to this journey. There are options of availing the local bus or even private ones. If you want a luxurious ride, private rental cars are also made available.
One can easily conclude that the journey is Ranthambore or Kachida Valley is hassle free.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Kachida Valley
- It is said that the central area is the abode of tigers. Most leopards avoid this region.
- A sunrise is one of the most enjoyable views while visiting the Kachida Valley. Be the early riser if you have to witness one.
- Kachida Valley is ideal for a romantic day out or even a fun day with family and friends.
- Ranthambore School of Arts
- Shri Chamatkar Ji Ka Jain Temple
- Sawai Mansingh Sanctuary
- Rajiv Gandhi regional institute of Natural History
- Padam Lake
- Ranthambore Fort
- Trinetra Ganesh
- Jogi Mahal
- Chokhi Dhani
- Sher Bagh
- Nahar Haveli
- Cave Palate
While making a check list, keep the Kachida Valley on the very top of it and tick it off as soon as possible. This place will give you memories to share for a lifetime.