- Famous for: Photography, sight-seeing, tropical getaway, Andamans, Islands.
- Entrance Fee: No entrance fee
- Visiting Time: No specific timings
- Visit Duration: 3 to 4 days.
Enclosed by thick forests and dense mangroves the Chidiya Tapu Island of the Andamans is a wonderful trekking destination in the Andamans. You can choose any adventure spot you like and Chidiya Tapu has it all. The island, like the name suggests is a bird watcher’s haven and it is a delight for the senses.
- Make sure you carry handy medicines with you.
- Don’t forget your first aid kit.
- Make sure you have a packed accordingly to the season.
- You have to pack your binoculars because the Island is a bird watcher’s haven.
- Don’t forget your swimsuits and goggles; you are definitely going to get wet!
Things to Do
- Bird watching is something you definitely have to try. The Island is famed for its variety of bird species, many indigenous to the Island.
- Try out some fun activities in the water like snorkelling, scuba-diving, deep sea walking, pearl hunting, boating and plenty more.
- Plan a picnic in the Chidiya Tapu Biological Park amidst dense forestry and beautiful scenic ambience.
- The sunset at Chidiya Tapu is not something to be missed. The Sunset Point at Chidiya Tapu has the most beautiful and mesmerizing sunset in the entire Islands.
- It is not all about the beaches. Go for a trekking expedition to the Munda Pahad Mountain and it will definitely be worth it.
Availability of Guides
It is definitely best to hire a local guide while you plan your trip to the Andamans. Either you can already hire the expertise of a guide prior to your visit to the Andamans or you can avail them from Port Blair. Being a famous tourist destination the Andamans is never short of tourist guides.
Best Time to Visit
You can’t visit the Islands during the heavy monsoons because the beach will not befriend you at this time and there goes your chance at some water-fun. The summers will strike you down with heat waves and it is definitely not the ideal time to visit the place. So, the best time to visit the Islands would be after the heat waves and before the onset of heavy rains. Generally, tourists flock to the Islands between the months of August to February.
How to Reach
The island of Chidiya Tapu is only 20 kms away from Port Blair and you can cover this distance quite easily by road. If you prefer to sail then hire a boat to the island.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Chidiya Tapu
- Chidiya Tapu is only 20kms away from Port Blair and is listed as one of the most famous and preferred tourist destination in the Andamans
- Chidiya Tapu and its Munda Pahad Beach is the most well maintained and clean beach in the Andamans.
- Chidiya Tapu is a part of the Emerald Islands.
- It is the nearest beach to Port Blair and easily accessible beach.
- ‘Chidiya’ translates to ‘bird’ and it is clear that the island is a bird watchers’ paradise.
The entire island is itself a tourist destination and it is definitely a delight for a traveller. But here are some attractions that definitely should be on your list of places.
- Munda Pahad Mountain
- Chidiya Tapu Biological Park
- Port Blair
- Munda Pahad Beach
Indulge in the exquisite taste of the local cuisines of the Andamans and make sure you savour the taste of the sea!
- Brewberrys Restaurant (Local and Continental Cuisines)
- Waves Restaurant (Local and Continental Cuisines)
- Palm Grove Eco Resort
- Fortune Resort Bay Island
- Blissful Andamans
- Rose Valley Resort
A perfect tropical beach getaway comparatively less crowded, the Andamans is your ideal choice if you just crave for serene calmness. Wrapped by thick forests and tall mangroves, surrounded by the deep blue sea; the Chidiya Tapu is best for a tropical getaway.