- Famous For: Alcohol, Heritage
- Entry Fee: No fee is required.
- Visiting Time: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Visiting Duration: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Kasauli, situated 73 km from Shimla, is a Himalayan paradise. The tiny hill station of Kasauli gains its importance because of the panoramic view that outlines its horizon. In addition to the eye-dazzling sight, Kasauli has a bounty of some of the rarest flora and fauna that beautify and signifies this remote hill station on the lap of the lofty Himalayan Range. The premium point of this town is The Mall which is the Centre of all kinds of get-togethers and various other events. It is the most populated part of the serene town of Kasauli and, thus, this is the place where many of the tourists and the local people too love spending time in.
- Since most of the town of Kasauli is travelled on foot, it is advisable that the tourists always wear comfortable trekking shoes.
- The tourists must carry water with them because walking would make them thirsty.
- There is no petrol pump at Kasauli. So, the drivers must store sufficient amount of fuel in the vehicle.
- Keeping in mind in which season the trip is being organized, appropriate clothes should be packed and worn.
Things to Do There
- The tourists can go for a trek with a local and a professional guide in a group.
- They can plan a bonfire.
- The Mall is open 24×7 and, hence, they can sit on the benches and stare at the beauty inclining towards them from the horizon.
- They can try out a wide range of Tibetan food.
- They can visit some of the heritage buildings.
- They can also enjoy the view of the sunset from the Sunset Point.
- They can indulge in photography as some of the most picturesque view can be captured there.
- The shopaholics can enjoy their time shopping at the various shops in the Mall of Kasauli.
Availability of Guides
Professional guides are usually not available at the Kasauli Mall. However, you can contact the hotel authorities who will help you get in touch with a travel guide.
Best Time to Visit
You can visit Kasauli any time of the year. The spring will soothe your eyes with the various colors of flowers and the lush green vegetation. The summers will dazzle your eyes as the golden rays of the sun hit the snow-covered mountain peaks and make them turn into gold. The monsoon season will give you the kind of nerve wrecking adventure that you have always been craving for. The autumn will give you the respite that you seek from the hustle and bustle of the city life. The winter will give you the best shivering experience ever adorned with snow.
How to Reach the Place
The nearest railway station to Kasauli is Dharampur which is 12 km away and Kalka which is 35 km away. The nearest airport is in Chandigarh which is 65 km away and Shimla which is 73 km away. From these four destinations as mentions, a number of taxis, private cars and private buses are available on hire that will take you to the town of Kasauli.
Interesting Facts About the Kasauli Mall
- It is divided into two parts, namely, the Upper Mall and the Lower Mall.
- The Upper Mall is a posh area lined with beautiful and spacious bungalows that still have a touch of the British architecture.
- The Upper Mall has got the best and the most sophisticated shops, restaurants and other buildings of hierarchical importance such as the Royal Kasauli Club in which the rich people host their parties and other significant events.
- The Lower Mall is far humbler and houses most of the shops for the daily needs.
- The Mall of Kasauli is the key to the various tourist attractions as mentioned.
- Manki Point or the Monkey Point
- Gurudwara Shri Guru Nanak
- Christ Church
- Fruit Orchards
- Baptist Church
- Gurkha Fort
- Shri Baba Balak Nath Temple
- Sunset Point
- Kasauli Brewery
- Rudra Café
- Hangout Roof Top Bar and Restaurant
- Kasauli Regency Restaurant
- Mamas Kitchen
- Ross Common Restaurant
- BBQ Chicken
Thus, Kasauli is a quiet and a peaceful hill station that offers its lovely tourists a heart-warming welcome along with a marvelous hospitality. Thus, these comforts aided by the magnificent picturesque view makes Kasauli a must visit for all tourists who seek out adventure at a peaceful place.