- Famous For: Nature, Photography, Trekking, Hiking
- Entry Fee: No fee is required.
- Visiting Time: Prior to Sunset
- Visiting Duration: 30 minutes to 1 hour
In the exotic and superfluous hilly terrains of Himachal Pradesh lies a spectacularly calm and composed cantonment called Kasauli. This town has a remarkable setting from every angle because of the magical shadows that dance around and play peek-a-boo amidst the lush green vegetation. As a tourist point, Kasauli has gained popularity because of its serenity and panoramic view. It is a hill station where tourists come to seek respite from the busy life of the cities. While the popular hill stations in Himachal Pradesh like Shimla and Manali have developed as premium points in terms of tourism, Kasauli has gained immense popularity now because this place has not been commercialized and, thus, the magnificent and heavenly beauty of this homely town can be experienced to the fullest.
- Wear comfortable shoes as you will have to walk uphill and downhill throughout.
- Remember to take your camera and see to it from beforehand that the battery is charged.
- Carry a newspaper or a mat with you because you will require something to lie down on the rocky and dirty mountainous floor before you sit and wait for the sun to set.
Things to Do There
- Watch the sun play peek-a-boo through the rustling green leaves.
- Enjoy a remarkable photography session and capture each and every amazing moment.
- Spend some time in introspection and rediscover yourself.
- Try out hiking through the woods along with a guide.
- You can also start an easy trekking trip with the help of a guide.
- Gaze at the towering snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas.
Availability of Guides
There are no guides to help you out. However, you can talk to the Father himself or the nuns and the priests to find out more about this rectory if you feel inquisitive.
Best Time to Visit
Every season is Kasauli has its own charm. Therefore, you can visit the Sunset Point on any time of the year. However, it is recommended that you strictly avoid the monsoon season because a heavy rainfall there often leads to landslides.
How to Reach the Place
The Sunset Point is located on the Upper Mall Road which is hardly a minute’s walk from the bus stand of Kasauli which is 77 km away from Shimla.
Interesting Facts About the Sunset Point, Kasauli
- The Sunset Point of Kasauli is one of the oldest places of importance right since the town of Kasauli itself was established in 1842.
- The view from the Sunset Point in Kasauli looks upon some important cities like Chandigarh, Panchkula, Baddi, Nalagarh, Kalka and Pinjore.
- The clear blue sky above is a breath-taking sight.
- At night, many stars and constellations can be spotted by a keen observer because of which some astronomers like to visit the Sunset Point at night.
- Manki Point or the Monkey Point
- The Mall
- Gurudwara Shri Guru Nanak
- Christ Church
- Fruit Orchards
- Baptist Church
- Gurkha Fort
- Shri Baba Balak Nath Temple
- Rudra Café
- Hangout Roof Top Bar and Restaurant
- Kasauli Regency Restaurant
- Mamas Kitchen
- Ross Common Restaurant
- BBQ Chicken
The serene town of Kasauli infuses a deep calm in every tourist. This serenity of the hill station is enhanced by the clear blue sky lying atop the Sunset Point. When the sun sets, every tiny speckle is set ablaze with a soothing golden hue that gives Kasauli a totally different personality in terms of beauty and romanticism. The respite that this place has to offer is just unmatched as compared to any other place in Himachal Pradesh. Thus, all the tourists who are seeking for a mirth of heaven on the bosom of the Himalayas, Kasauli is the perfect place to visit ornamented by the perfect Sunset Point.