- Famous for: Natural beauty, Amazing views, Seeking Experience, serene location and blissful peace.
- Entrance Fee: There is no entry fee to visit this place.
- Visiting Time: The visitors are allowed to enter after 9 in the morning and can stay there till 5 in the evening.
- Visit Duration: Most people stay at this place for 1-2 hours.
Manki Point, is one place where everyone finds solace and harmony. Manki Point in Kasauli is a spot within the Indian Air Force territory and houses a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman. This place is ranked among the top 80 places to be visited in India and does justice to the list. One can have great panoramic views from this place that are simply breath taking. One can see the city of Chandigarh from here and believe me when I say it, it is phenomenal and is a treat for the eyes. This spot is believed to be very closely linked to the Hindu Mythology – The Ramayana. Manki Point is also home to a number of monkeys, that happen to be very friendly with visitors and play along. The cool surroundings, flamboyant views and the artistic essence of nature will make you feel sedated and will help you spend the perfect time that you have been wishing for.
- The Manki Point is relatively cooler so it is preferable and advised to carry some warm clothes along.
- Being inside the Air Base you are not allowed to carry any electronic gadgets inside. Phones, camera, pen drives, etc. everything needs to be left at entrance in the locker or you can lock it in your car.
- The monkeys here are friendly but it is better not to do anything excite them or make them hurt you.
- Food and water are available inside so you do not need to carry you bag of snacks with you.
- Carry a pair of binoculars along to add to the beauty of the amazing experience that you will be having here.
Things to Do
- Have your peace at the Hanuman temple that is located in the air base. It is believed that this was the place that Lord Hanuman had stepped foot on while returning with the Sanjeevni Booti, and hence the place is shaped like a foot.
- Have a look at the amazing view of the cities in the valley.
- Watch the Satluj river make its way through the valley turning and twisting its way to the horizon.
- You can have great panoramic views of the whole valley from the temple and this view is sure to leave you with no words.
Availability of Guides
The Manki Point is not a complicated location to be needing guides, si there are no guess available here. Of one needs to enquire anything the army officials are always more than willing to help.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit this place is during the months of March and May, and June and October as during these months the weather is most suitable.
How to Reach
The bus will take you to the bus stop that is 4 km below this place. You can either trek up 4 kms or take some other means to go up 3 kms and then climb 1 km of the distance. For people who have no issues with trekking this is surely an adventure you will remember.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Manki Point
- The Manki Point is at a height of almost 6500 ft above sea level and hence gives you views that are unimaginable.
- The Hanuman Temple here provides you views in 360 degree of the whole valley and the cities below.
- The Satluj River can be seen from here.
- This place is shaped like a foot and is believed that Lord Hanuman while returning with the Sanjeevni Booti rested his foot here. The facts are unknown but this is what the legend says.
- The trek to this point is one of the most amazing treks you can have here.
- The Air Station is also worth exploring, but avoid the restricted areas.
- Rudra Café
- Narinder Sweet House
- Hangout Rooftop Bar and restaurant
- Ross common restaurant
- Shack restaurant
Manki Point is a beautiful location and is a great place to loose oneself. It is a perfect place to be on with nature and leave all the stress behind and calm your senses and mind. This little break that you’ll have here will help you in the long run and you’ll always have cherishing memories of this place. This spot is best for anyone and everyone, be it family or friends.