- Famous For: Religion, Architecture, Photography
- Entry Fee: No fee is required.
- Visiting Time: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- Visiting Duration: 30 minutes to 1 hour
The Christ Church was established in 1853 A.D. by an influential British family who had founded the serene town of Kasauli in 1842 as a respite from the hustle and bustle of the hill station of Shimla. The Christ Church was founded more or less as a homely church to help in the religious proceedings of the very few families residing in the newly founded parish of Kasauli at that time. Because of its Gothic structure, this church has gained a huge popularity among not only the Christian community but also the other tourists who have a rich taste in architecture.
- Be there on time for the Sunday mass.
- Wear fresh and clean clothes to the church.
- Take candles along with you to offer your prayer to the Almighty. In case you forget to get candles from beforehand, you can buy them from the tiny shack available outside the church premises.
Things to Do There
- Kneel down in prayer to the Almighty.
- Take your time out to capture the beautiful scenario via your camera. Keep track of the restricted zones when you are engrossed in photography. Also, do not click photographs during the Sunday mass without taking a special permission from the rector.
- Take a walk around the Gothic structure on the soft grass.
- Spend time in the serenity of the church premises in contemplation.
Availability of Guides
There are no guides to help you out. However, you can talk to the Father himself or the nuns and the priests to find out more about this rectory if you feel inquisitive.
Best Time to Visit
If visiting the church is the only thing on your agenda then, you can visit the church on any time of the year as per your choice. Otherwise, you should avoid the monsoon season as a number of landslides occur at that time due to heavy rainfall.
How to Reach the Place
The Christ Church is hardly a minute’s walk from the bus stand of Kasauli which is 77 km away from Shimla.
Interesting Facts About the Christ Church, Kasauli
- It was only as the Anglican Church till 1970. After being adopted by the authority of the Churches of North India (CNI), its name was changed to the Christ Church.
- It has a Gothic architecture and is extremely mysterious to look at because of its superb resemblance with every other Anglican church in England.
- Surprisingly, the small hill station of Kasauli looks exactly like a British country side when viewed from the Christ Church’s premises.
- The church has got a beautiful grotto.
- The intricate designs and the ornate coloured glass set upon the windows make rainbows dance across the ceiling and the pillars of the church at sunrise and sunset which is a magnificent thing to watch.
- The church choir at the Christ Church is one of the finest choir groups in Himachal Pradesh.
- Manki Point
- The Mall
- Gurudwara Shri Guru Nanak
- Sunset Point
- Fruit Orchards
- Baptist Church
- Gurkha Fort
- Shri Baba Balak Nath Temple
- Rudra Café
- Hangout Roof Top Bar and Restaurant
- Kasauli Regency Restaurant
- Mamas Kitchen
- Ross Common Restaurant
The Christ Church of Kasauli erases every tension and worry from the minds of the visitors. Be it a pilgrim or a tourist, a person who sets foot upon the age-old floors of the holy church never goes back unhappy. The power of religion accompanied by the mystic nature infuses peace and serenity in the hearts of every traveler and makes him or her crave to return to this heavenly abode yet again in search of peace and revelry. Thus, the Christ Church of Kasauli is a must visit for all.