- Famous for: Natural beauty, amazing adventures, scenic setting, Seeking Experience, serene location and blissful peace.
- Entrance Fee: There is no entry fee to visit this place.
- Visiting Time: The village has no such specified entry and exit timings. One can come here at any time of the day.
- Visit Duration: Most people who come here, come for a trekking experience and therefore stay for 7-8 hours or even a day.
Naddi Village is a beautiful spot in the serene setting of Himachal and is the abode of beauty. At an altitude of 7152 ft. from the sea level this amazing village is a well-known place for its trekking experiences and is visited by thousands of travellers every year. Naddi Village is just 3kms away from McLeod Ganj which itself is one thrilling spot for travellers and tourists. People who have been here cannot stop praising the beauty of this village. Away from the hustle and bustle of the daily streets this is the perfect destination for every person. Once here, all your stress sinks away and you enter a state of trance that boosts you up for the time you return home to the daily chores of life. From amazing views of the valley to the chilling sunsets at the sunset point this place is a complete package that you are sure to enjoy.
- If you are trekking to the village make sure you carry proper equipment to avoid accidents and mishaps.
- Before visiting the village educate yourself a little about the Punjabi language as the people here mostly speak Punjabi and others follow the accent.
- Do not miss the sunset point, eco point and the view point that gives you the most wonderful panoramic view you will ever experience.
- If you visit this village during the months of April till the end of June don’t forget to visit the annual 3 month long fair that they have here.
- During September, there is another religious festival held here that you would not want to miss if you are here during the time.
Things to Do
- Take a trekking expedition to this village from McLeod Ganj which is a 3-km long hike.
- Visit the eco point and view point to see the most beautiful panoramic view that you’ll ever see.
- Check out the sunset point during the evening, which as th3 name suggests is most famous for the tranquil sunset views one can see from here.
- Visit the Dal Lake (not the one in Kashmir) and take a walk around it’s perimeter. The lake is beautiful and a calm place for one to have a great alone time.
- During April to June, this village experiences a fair which people attend from far and wide and if you happen to be there make sure to give it a visit.
- The festival during September is another good choice to make when here.
Availability of Guides
You can get trek guides from McLeod Ganj who will get you here and let you know of all the places you can visit here.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit this place is during the months of April to October as during those months the weather is most suitable and most happening things happen during these months.
How to Reach
You can reach Mcleodganj from Delhi, boarding a bus that takes approximately 10 – 12 hours for the trip. From here you can either trek 3 kms to the village or hire an auto rickshaw to take you there.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Naddi Village
- The village is situated at a height of 7,152 ft above the sea level and is a major trekking destination for many people.
- The village conducts a festival during September to which devotees come and attend from all parts of the country.
- This place has a lot of cricket enthusiasts and one can always spot a group of people playing cricket in the fields during the evening.
- Locals are known to worship Lord Keyling and a number of his shrines can be found here.
- Tsuglagkhang Complex, Dharamshala
- Namgyal Monastery
- Kareri Dal Lake
- Bhagsunag temple
- Bhagsunag waterfall
- Triund hill
- Food by the way
- Angelina café and restaurant
- Hotel Lasha and Restaurant
Naddi Village is an great destination for weekend getaways and is an important part of the Himachal Tourism. This place is sure to calm your senses and make you feel closer to nature. The beautiful and scenic views here will engage you in a soulful trip that you’ll surely remember forever.