- Famous For: Photography, Waterfall, Scenic beauty, Picnic, Day out, Trekking, Nature Walks
- Entrance Fee: No entry fee
- Visiting Time: Anytime during the day, preferably evening time
- Visit Duration: 1 to 2 hours
Satdhara Falls is a scenic tourist attraction in Dalhousie, in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It comes on the way while travelling to Panchpula. It stands at an elevated height of 2036 meters above sea level. Satdhara means ‘seven springs’ in the language of Hindi. The seven miniature falls around one place is where the Satdhara waterfalls get its name. It is a serene and beautiful place. Nature lovers, trekking fans and photography fanatics often frequent this place. It is the perfect place to picnic and spend some time with friends, family and loved ones.
- Satdhara waterfalls are one of the prime attractions of the state of Himachal Pradesh and are often crowded at all times. So, if you wish to avoid much crowd, then visit here on a week day.
- It is a vast and rocky area, but walking around is the only way to enjoy and feel its beauty. Hence wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Carry water bottles, shades and hats or caps.
Things to Do
- Picnic with friends or family.
- Indulge in photography of the beauty of nature around and the waterfalls.
- Trek in the surrounding hills.
- Take a walk in the greenery.
- Take a dip in the pool formed at the base of the waterfalls.
Availability of Guides
Guides are not available as they are not required.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit here is during the months of April To October. The weather is very pleasant and the monsoons help to enhance the flow of the waterfalls. They look majestic during the monsoon. The best time to come here is during the day time, from 8 am to 6 pm.
How to Reach
The Satdhara falls come on the way to Panchpula. It lies at a distance of 5 km. from the main city. Buses, taxis and private vehicles can be used. It lies at a kilometer’s distance from Gandhi Chowk.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Satdhara Falls
- The springs fall from a height of 2036 meters. It is located on the exquisite Chamba Valley.
- The springs are best known for their beautiful location, amid looming mountains and surrounded by lush greenery. The forests are dominated by huge Deodhar and Pine trees. During winters, you can see the distant snow capped slopes and peaks of the mountains.
- The falls lie on the way to Panchpula, a famous tourist attraction in itself, while travelling from Dalhousie. Panchpula means Five Bridges.
- The water here is believed to have magical powers, it is believed that it can cure all diseases, mainly skin related diseases. The scientific explanation behind this is the mica found in the water and in this place. It gives the water medicinal properties. In the local dialect, this is known as Gandhak.
- The water is crystal clear, a unique property to possess in a country like India.
- Trekking is the most famous and indulged in adventurous activity here.
- Chamera Lake
- Rang Mahal
- Daikund Peak
- Kalatop Wildlife Reserve
- Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary
- Bakrota Hills
- Grace Mount hotel
- Hotel comfort inn
- Hotel spring
- Hotel Abhishek
- Hotel Shangri La
- Hotel Megha View
- Hotel Shyam International
It is very important to take some time out for loved ones and more importantly, for yourself. The busy schedules and hectic city life tires one’s minds as well as bodies. Some time away from this is needed and Panchpulla and Satdhara waterfalls provide the perfect getaway. It is a must visit place when visiting Dalhousie.