- Famous for: Trekkers, Nature Lovers
- Entrance Fee: Entry Free for anyone
- Visiting Time: Daytime is favorable
- Visit Duration: 1-2 Hours
Ganji Pahari or the Bald Valley is in fact a serene and quaint hill in Dalhousie and a favorite one for hikers. It is referred to as Bald Hill since this tourist has no vegetation and appears more like a bald, plain area on the height of this valley. It is covered with snowy hills all around and the place is most famed for a day in nature and spending weekend getaways or picnic here with you tripping companions. You can take a walk from Panchpula which is the most close to Ganji Pahari or get yourself prepared for hiking from Dalhousie. For trekkers, this is an idyllic destination as you can begin from Dalhousie and it will merely take an hour to arrive here at this thrilling valley!
- Don’t forget to take your safety gears and wear sport shoes for hiking to the hill.
- Since there are no shops or restaurants available on the top, it is advised to take your food and water bottles here.
Things to Do
- In case you are not trekking from Dalhousie to Ganji Pahari, then you can also endeavor the hike from Panchpula to this valley as it is in more proximity of around 1 km.
- Try to organize a whole day here in which you can start from hiking, and then you can spend the entire day relaxing and pondering over the lovely landscape of Ganji Pahari.
Availability of Guides
Guides are available either in Dalhousie or in Panchpula and depend on the place from where you start your hike from. Also, for languages, both English and Hindi linguistic guides are accessible.
Best Time to Visit
Summers are quite topical in Ganji Pahari but winters are the best time as there are snow-clad mountains engulfing this stunning valley which is an amazing sight you can never afford to miss! Further, for choosing either day or night for your endeavor here, daytime is the most ideal for capturing the captivating sight of amazing Himalayas.
How to Reach
For trekking, Ganji Pahari is 5km from Dalhousie and 1km from Panchpula, so you can choose either one of the nearby destinations and hike up to this striking place.
Interesting Facts and Trivia
- Ganji Pahari is located in Bakrota Hills and is an ideal tourist site for family trips and picnics.
- There is literally no vegetation grown here at this valley and is a plain land with spellbinding landscapes surrounding you giving a dreamy feel that can awestruck anyone.
- The view from the summit of the valley is just spectacular and impressive making it a perfect place to take selfies and unwind in the breezy aura.
- Khajjar Valley
- Dainkund Peak
- Chamera Lake
- Patrick’s Church
- Kalatop Khajjiar Wildlife Sanctuary
Hence, Ganji Pahari is one of the must-see attractions of Dalhousie and a day amidst the tranquil nature here will sure give you a soothing break we all always look for in our busy schedules. So, whether you are touring Dalhousie or finding a weekend getaway near the city, Ganji Pahari accomplishes every explorer’s dream from its moderate hike adventure to the scenic view from the altitude that will make you go wow.
The landscape from here is all of Dalhousie from the top and the tiny houses and hamlets will definitely give you feeling like you are at the top of the world. Thus, the restaurants are not accessible so bring your snacks and energy drinks in case you get dizzy and also keep your safety equipments and mobiles if you get lost. It is certainly assured that this spectacular valley will not disappoint you from it’s over the top scenery and a mind-blowing view from the above. Plan your next journey to Ganji Pahari and be enthralled, bon voyage!