- Famous for: Natural beauty, Amazing views, Seeking Experience, serene location and blissful peace.
- Entrance Fee: There is no entry fee to visit this place.
- Visiting Time: One can reach the peak anytime they want. Being a camping site and outdoor location this place has no such timings.
- Visit Duration: People who visit the peak usually camp there or rent a room for a couple of days.
Dainkund Peak is the highest peak in the Dalhousie region and is a famous tourist spot where people come to experience the beautiful views and sense of calmness that this location has to offer with such a serene setting. The peak is the highest one can get on and gives a 360-degree view into the depths of the beautiful valleys that you’ll find no matter which direction you face. At the peak, you can experience the comfort of the silent breeze flowing, making you feel as if you are floating in the clouds. These breezes make a charming sound while the move through the trees. The sound it makes is amazingly soothing and is the reason why this place is also called the singing peak. The peak is a great place to experience the trek and also provides a visual treat to your eyes when you set your vision, staring down at the deepest of valleys from a height of over 2200 metres. Make sure not to miss this spot during your stay in Dalhousie.
- The peak gets very cold sometimes so it is advised to carry warm clothes, jackets and gloves.
- If one is visiting during the winter months then there is a high chance of finding snow, so make sure you have proper shoes.
- Trekking is a great experience but must done under expert supervision and proper gear must he used.
- It is always better to carry a first aid kit along with you in case of any emergency.
- If one is planning to camp, then 2 kms below the peak is the perfect place to set a camp and then you can trek your way up to the peak.
- The place is beautiful but the weather is unpredictable so, one must be ready to face any situation.
Things to Do
- Experience the serenity that is a treat for the eyes and the soul and is sure to be one of the most exquisite views you see.
- Dalhousie is an excellent place to freshen up the mind and therefore one must always take some time out think. This place gives you a clear vision and you can make best of decisions here.
- Rest a night and try out camping here. Not only will it be a great experience but also you can stare down the valley as well as the blanket of stars over you all at the same time.
- Reach the peak from your camp base. This trek will again be a one of a kind experience and will help you make memories go along forever.
Availability of Guides
One can hire a travel agency and ask for a trek guide who’ll help you to get with the ways of trekking and enhance your trekking experience to the peak as well as reduce the risk of any kind of damage that could have happened due to lack of experience.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Dalhousie is during the months of March and May, and June and October as during these months the weather is most suitable.
How to Reach
One can get a cab to the camping site from anywhere in the main city. If one likes one can choose to ride to the site as it will also be one great experience.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Dainkund Peak
- The name Dainkund Peak means city of the witches. In olden times, it was believed that this peak was the abode of witchcraft.
- This peak is the highest peak in the whole Dalhousie region.
- If you want to experience the snow you need to visit this place after December.
- The peak is at 2755 metres above sea level.
- This peak will provide you with the best view of the valleys that you can have in this region.
- Trek to the Dainkund Peak is one of the best treks this country provides.
- Chamera lake
- John’s Church
- Sach pass
- Kalatop wildlife Sanctuary
- Kailash view
- Patrick’s Church
- Golden Devi Temple
- Kwality restaurant
- Nappolli restaurant
- Sher-e-Punjab Dhaba
Dainkund Peak is an awesome place that gives you some of the most exquisite views and a Wonderful experience that will go along with you for life. This peak provides a panoramic view to the valleys and also soothes your mind and soul. A trip here with friends or Family will be embedded in your heart and mind forever. Once you see this site the image will always stay with you and you’ll thank yourself for coming to this trip.