- Famous For: Tourism, Experience seekers, Photography and
- Entrance Fee: The entrance fee for adults (above the age of 13) is 25 INR. For children, the entry fee is 10 INR.
- Visiting Time: You can visit the waterfall from 8 A.M. TO 4 P.M. on all days of the week.
- Visit Duration: Approximately 1 hour. It might take some more time if you plan on extending your visit by exploring the place further.
Kollam is a beautiful city in the Southern state of Kerala which is endowed with beauty and natural elements. Tourists from all across the country take a tour of the beautiful city to witness the great spots. One such place is the Palaruvi waterfalls. The place is absolutely stunning and is a must visit spot for all.
- It is a must to wear comfortable shoes and clothes. If you feel uneasy, it will spoil the fun.
- Carry one extra set of clothes or swimsuit if you are willing to go swimming. Also, do not forget to carry towels.
- Do not force anyone to take a bath or even go swimming.
- The place might be slippery and it is best to walk carefully.
- If you are visiting in the monsoon season, do not forget an umbrella. There is continuous rain at this time of the year.
Things to Do
- The best way to enjoy your time with friends or family is by planning a picnic with them. Arrange for some food and you are sure to enjoy.
- Swimming is a very popular activity in the Palaruvi Waterfalls. Tourists and travellers usually either take a bath or go for a swim. There is also a restricted area separately made where women and children can swim.
- If you love photography you will love this place. The milky white water of the waterfall makes it a great background for amazing snaps.
- If you are the adventurous kind, you can surely explore the area around the waterfall. There is dense greenery and a variety of trees in the area.
Availability of Guides
No guidance is available. There is not to be explained. You can go around the place to enjoy the scenic beauty. There are blogs and articles online that give you detailed information about the Palaruvi Waterfall.
Best Time to Visit
The coastal area of Kollam is humid and hot. The temperature rises high too. During the monsoons, there is heavy rainfall and avoiding this time is the best. The weather can get pretty rough. Usually, after the rains the atmosphere is all green and fresh. Thus, visiting between the months of September to February is a great time. The cool breeze and soothing environment will make your vacation a wonderful one.
How to Reach
- Palaruvi Waterfalls is about 70 kilometres from the Trivandum International Airport. Easy transport services are available from the airport to the waterfalls. You can take a regular bus or hire a cab. The way to this place is famous for its scenic beauty. Make sure to enjoy your journey.
- If you have opted for a train ride, the nearest railway station is Kollam and the distance is about 75 kilometres. From the station, too you can hire a cab or taxi.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Palruvi Waterfalls
- The Palaruvi Waterfall is known to have ayurvedic properties. Locals believe that taking a bath in the holy water benefits one’s body to a great extent. Most tourists make it a point to swim or take a bath here.
- The Palaruvi Waterfall is around 300 feet high.
- Staying in the KTDC bungalow or even the PWD Inspection Bungalow is a very rewarding experience.
- Shenduruny wildlife sanctuary
- Hotel Guruprasad
- Kedar restaurant
- The Whispering Winds
- Kappad High Restaurant
- Gracy Green Restaurant
If you are planning to visit Kollam anytime in the future make sure to visit the mesmerising Palaruvi Waterfall.