- Famous for: Trekking, Adventure, Thrill seeking experience
- Entrance Fee: Free of charge
- Visiting Time: Open round the clock
- Visit Duration: 3 to 4 hours
Situated almost opposite to the secluded yet beautiful Amkunj Bay Beach, Moorys Dare in Rangat is the perfect place for the adventure lover in you. This rocky terrain will provide you with a thrilling trekking destination. Situated just a small distance from the main town, this hill is located in the middle Andaman Islands.
- Carry sunglasses and sunscreen with you to avoid sun damage in the topical heat.
- Wear clothes and shoes suited for trekking in a warm environment.
- Find out about the trekking route beforehand or get a guide form the town to make sure you waste no time searching for the way.
- Keep your camera with you as the view from the hill is beautiful and you may want to capture the stunning views.
Things to Do
- Trek your way right up to the top to experience exhilarating views of the area.
- Visit the nearby Amkunj Bay Beach and spend an evening of peace and solace.
- Have a day trekking trip and enjoy a small picnic on the way with your loved ones.
- Drive around the Andaman Trunk Road and see the beautiful island of Rangat.
Availability of Guides
You can choose to go on a fully guided tour while selecting your tour package to the Andaman Islands. Guides are also available in Rangat who would take you around the local attractions in a day for a specified fee.
Best Time to Visit
The months of December to February are the best time to visit the Andamans as the weather is quite pleasant. You can also see the turtle nestling grounds on Rangat in this season- a must see for animal lovers!
How to Reach
Moorys Dare is situated opposite to the Amkunj Bay Beach which can be easily reached through the ATR. The place is situated around eight kilometers from Rangat and you can hire taxis or a car to get here.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Moorys Dare
- Rangat has a population of people of Tamil and Bengali ethnicity.
- The area has around 32000 inhabitants who can converse in Hindi, Tamil, and/or English.
- Moorys Dare is a fully rocky terrain, situated at a small distance from the rocky Amkunj Beach.
- Amkunj Beach
- Panchavati Hills
- Panchavati Waterfall
- Cutbert Bay
- Rangat Jetty
- Long Island
- Yerrata Mangrove Park
- Yerrata Creek
- Dhani Nallah Mangrove Walk way
- Hotel Priya International
- Hawksbill Nest
If you are an adventure enthusiast, you’ve got to visit Moorys Dare while on your trip to Rangat. The trek can be covered in a few hours and will leave you in the midst of mesmerizing sights and experiences that you will cherish for years to come.