- Famous For: Nature, Photography, Adventure.
- Entry Fee: No fee is required barring transport and adventure sports.
- Visiting Time: Any time during the day or night as per your choice.
- Visiting Duration: Almost an entire day.
Imagine what it would feel like when the sands slip down your bare feet giving you a ticklish feeling. Imagine what it would feel like when all you see is water no matter which direction you look at. Imagine how it would feel like when the flying dolphins soar up in the air and scuttle back into the ocean. Imagine what exactly it would feel like to be experiencing a beauty such as this in our country India itself! Well, yes, we fortunate Indians have been blessed with such diversity that we find a diverse range of natural beauty adjacent to the southern tip of the Indian peninsula, that is, the Andaman and the Nicobar Islands. One such marvellous natural wonder, namely, the Vijaynagar Beach, is found in the Havelock Islands in Andaman.
- Wear comfortable shoes and light clothes because you might love to enjoy a trek or a pleasurable walk.
- Take your camera wit you so that you can click multiple photographs from different angles as the view from this beach is superb.
Things to Do There
- Enjoy walking down the beach.
- Take part in promising adventure sports like swimming, snorkelling, kayaking, deep sea diving, surf riding and others to feel the blood flowing through your veins.
- Spend some time alone in introspection in the serenity of nature.
- Take multiple photographs of the scenic beauty all around.
Availability of Guides
Professional guides are found at that destination at a nominal fee. They help you out with the different adventure sports that you would like to undertake. However, it is better to book your guide from the hotel desk so that you do not have to miss out on any fun.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Vijaynagar Island is from January to May every year as it is the peak season to indulge in the various adventure sports that the tourists hope to take part in.
How to Reach
Every island in Andaman is interconnected through the waterways. Thus, the Havelock Island which is located at a distance of 38 km from Port Blair can be reached easily by a jetty. After docking at the port in the Havelock Island, you can either trek or take an auto-rickshaw to the Vijaynagar Beach.
Interesting Facts About the Vijaynagar Beach
- The Havelock Islands is the largest island among all the islands comprising the Ritchie’s Archipelago.
- The Vijaynagar Beach is also known as Beach No. 5.
- Radhanagar Beach
- Neil Island
- Blue Corals Dive
- Andaman Bubbles
- Elephant Beach
- Kala Pathar Beach
- Dive India
- Inglis Island
- Captain Hook’s
- Something Different – A Beachside Café
- Full Moon Café
- Anju Coco
- Fat Martin Café
- Golden Spoon Restaurant
- Red Snapper
- Barefoot Bar & Brasserie
- The Wild Orchid
- Ocean Tree Restro
- GKR Restaurant & Fast Food Centre
The Vijaynagar Beach symbolizes an unparalleled magnificence due to the bounty of nature. The diverse aquatic life that soothes the eyes of the tourists, the risky yet energetic adventure sports that the tourists indulge in and the quietude of the tranquil beach with the blue waters dotting the distant horizon make every tourist feel alive. Thus, the Vijaynagar Beach is a must visit for all because it is one such place whose fond memories can never be erased.