- Famous For: Nature, Photography, Sunrise.
- Entry Fee: No fee is required barring transport and food.
- Visiting Time: You must visit the beach during the day.
- Visiting Duration: 2 to 3 hours.
The Andaman & Nicobar Islands has a beauty of its own with numerous sea beaches separating it from the blue sea. One such exotic beach is the Sitapur beach in the Neil Island. The Sitapur Beach is famous because of its silvery sandy beach that meets the turquoise waters of the sea and form a miraculous painting against the backdrop of the rising sun against the clear, blue sky. The shady palm trees and the beautiful atmosphere amidst the pin drop silence where the sound of the splashing waves become prominent rejuvenate every tourist and, hence, is a popular tourist destination.
- Carry extra clothes with you and a towel in case you are planning to go for a swim.
- Do not forget your sunglasses who are going to be your best friend during this trip of yours.
Things to Do There
- Go for a quick swim in the blue waters.
- Run around the beach and collect sea shells that are strewn all across this place.
Availability of Guides
Professional guides are not found at that destination. The local people over there are very kind and they would help you out in case you require something.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Sitapur Beach in Neil Island is from January to May every year as it is the peak season owing to the pleasant weather at that time.
How to Reach the Place
The Neil Island which is located at a distance of 67 km from Port Blair should be travelled by the waterways to save time. After docking at the port in the Neil Island, you can look for an auto-rickshaw to the Sitapur Beach which is situated at a distance of 5 km from the main market in the island. Otherwise, you can even take a casual trek to the spot.
Interesting Facts About the Sitapur Beach
- The Sitapur Beach is the quietest beach in Andaman.
- The beach is famous for the picturesque sunrise.
- There are no amenities over there except for fresh coconuts.
- This beach is prone to high tides and water currents because of the location.
- There are two bays at this beach.
- The tourists can explore a few small caves and some limestone structures located adjacent to this beach.
- The Sitapur Beach is also known as Beach No. 5 in Neil Island.
- Radhanagar Beach
- Havelock Island
- Blue Corals Dive
- Andaman Bubbles
- Elephant Beach
- Kala Pathar Beach
- Dive India
- Inglis Island
- Captain Hook’s
- Garden View Restaurant
- Gan Garden Restaurant
- Du Gong
- Blue Sea
- Bon Barbeque Restaurant
- Hungry Stone Restaurant
- Moon Shine Restaurant
- OrganiKhaa – The Organic Restaurant
Thus, in the majestic backdrop of the rising sun, when the beach sparkles like diamonds, the tourists are left to speculate regarding the exquisiteness of nature. The calmness obtained by treading along the edges of the beach with the sea water occasionally touching the feet makes every tourist crave to return to this mirth of heaven yet again. Thus, the Sitapur Beach in the Neil Island is a must visit for all.