- Famous For: Nature, Photography, Adventure.
- Entry Fee: No fee is required barring adventure sports, transport and food.
- Visiting Time: 7 am to 7 pm
- Visiting Duration: 2 to 3 hours.
The archipelago of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands has a pleasant view to offer to the tourists. This is the place where the colours of the rainbow are seen to dance around the islands in order to playfully throw the gorgeous colours on the mirth of heaven blow to make its splendour look even more breath-taking. One such place in the Neil Island that gives immense joy and adventure to the visitors is the Laxmanpur Beach. This is the beach where the fishermen can be seen to set sail in the morning to earn their daily living. This is also the same beach where the playful sun can be viewed playing peek-a-boo with the onlookers as it goes down across the distant horizon. This is also the place where the abundance of corals and shells make the tourists jealous of the unparalleled richness of nature. With the wide and glistening beach that runs a long distance, the Laxmanpur Beach is the perfect place for spending a memorable evening while watching the beautiful sunset and, thus, tourists flock to this beach all the year round.
- Wear light coloured clothes to beat the heat.
- Carry at least 2 liters of water with you because you will feel thirsty after a long walk along the shore.
Things to Do There
- Jump around the breaking waves against the shore.
- Take part in adventure sports to feel your heartbeat raised and the blood flowing through your veins.
- Eat plenty of fried fish if you like them from the nearby joints.
Availability of Guides
Professional guides and many local people are available at that destination. So, you do not have to panic in case you need help.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit the Laxmanpur Beach in Neil Island is from December to May every year owing to the pleasant weather in the archipelago at that time.
How to Reach
The Neil Island is located at a distance of 67 km from Port Blair. Travelling by water is the most convenient form of transport in that region. After docking at the port in the Neil Island, you will find the Laxmanpur Beach situated at a distance of 4.5 km from the main market in the island. If you are carrying a light luggage, you can even get off on the beach directly from the jetty after crossing the Bharatpur Beach. Otherwise, you can simply board a taxi to save yourself from perspiration.
Interesting Facts About the Laxmanpur Beach
- The Laxmanpur Beach is known for the abundance of corals and shells found both on the beach and the sea bed.
- This is beach popular for the wide range of adventure sports that are carried out there like swimming, snorkeling and others.
- This beach is locally called the Sunset Point because the view of the sun descending along the wide and feigning horizon is an enchanting sight for every tourist.
- Radhanagar Beach
- Havelock Island
- Blue Corals Dive
- Andaman Bubbles
- Elephant Beach
- Kala Pathar Beach
- Dive India
- Inglis Island
- Captain Hook’s
- Sitapur Beach
- Bharatpur Beach
- Parrot Island
- Garden View Restaurant
- Gan Garden Restaurant
- Du Gong
- Blue Sea
- Bon Barbeque Restaurant
- Hungry Stone Restaurant
- Moon Shine Restaurant
- OrganiKhaa – The Organic Restaurant
The Laxmanpur Beach in Neil Island is one of the most visited beaches in India because of its breath-taking beauty. The view from any nook and corner of the beach leaves every tourist imagining about how beautiful and how intricate is the creation of this wonderful world. Thus, because of this magical beauty, the Laxmanpur Beach is a paradise in its own and is, hence, a must visit for all.