- Famous For: Hills, Scenic Beauty, Coffee Plantation
- Entrance Fee: Nil
- Visiting Time: No Specific Timing (6 AM to 5 PM : Recommended)
- Visiting Duration: 2 hours
Chettali is a tiny adorable village in Karnataka. With fresh greenery covering all the place, the divine place is bound to give you the peace you require and aspire. The coffee plantation, invincible peaks and many such beautiful scenes will hunt you down till you admire, love and enjoy the place.
- There is a waterfall in Chettali, Madekri which must be paid heed when you are here.
- Cherala Bhagavathy is an ancient and amazing temple nearby.
- The place has a coffee research station which looks after the cultivation and disease of the different varieties of coffee. If you keen on learning the know-how, do visit the place.
- The climate is awesome but can turn down sometimes. So do take some light winter clothes with yourself.
Things to Do
- Since the hills are beautiful and the climate remains awesome, undertaking bike ride is one of the most amazing things in this place.
- There is one wildlife sanctuary at a little distance, named Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, many species of animals and birds can be spotted there
Best Time to Visit
Since it has already been mentioned that the climate here is awesome, so it is advisable to visit the place in summer, to get some relief from the scorching heat.
Monsoon season sees a lot more than normal rainfall here. The greenery gets blessed and smiles all the way back at the visitors. But it may create a bit haphazard while the sightseeing activity.
How to Reach
Reaching by air, you can land at Bengaluru or Mangalore and take bus or cab from there.
You may also reach via the rail line by reaching the Mysore Station and again taking cab or bus.
The drive from Bengaluru to Coorg, Chettali is a Four and half hour ride but smooth enough to keep you at ease.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About Chettali
- Chettali reserves a world record for cardamom cultivation.
- The locals speak 3 languages fluently, these are Kannada, Tulu and Kodavatakk.
- There is a Central Horticultural Experiment Station maintained exclusively by Indian Institute of Horticultural A lot of experimental work is undertaken here and it is even regarded as one of the largest experminetal station of its kind all over Asia.
- Namdroling Monastery
- Golden Temple
- Iruppu Falls
- Dubare Elephant Camp
- Nagarhole National Park
- Raja’s Seat
- Abbey Falls
- Omkareshwara Temple
- Mallalli Falls
- Chelavara Falls
- Brahmagiri Hills
- Harangi Backwaters
- Coorg Cuisines
- Raintree Restaurant
- Udipi The Veg
- Beans N Brews Café
- Taste Of Coorg
- Spicy Treat
- The Fort Mercara
- Green Land Restaurant
Far from the lights and cries of the cities, this beautiful place with surreal divinity and pure natural surrounding would give you lifetime enchanting moments. Some individual need a place to realize their destinations, they need peace to bring their body and soul back into coordination and if you feel you are that kind of individual, then this is the place meant for you. Experience the untouched serenity of nature and see the world turning happier and lighter for you.