- Famous For: Tourism, Beach, Beach Trekking, Surfing.
- Entrance Fee: Being a beach which is a natural place without any boundaries, there is no entry fee to the beach for anyone. Everybody can visit the beach without paying any money.
- Visiting Time: Again, beaches cannot be closed as they are without walls and gets. However, it is advisable to visit the place around 4 am in the morning and leave before 6.30 pm in the evening as it gets dark after these hours.
- Visit Duration: Approximately, it should take around one to two hours. However, in case you are interested to do surfing or trekking, you may need a few more additional hours.
In a place which can be termed as a perfect mixture of natural beauty and some of the most important religious destinations, Gokarna is one of the major tourist destinations in Karnataka. The beaches present in this region are fantastic and notable because of their cleanliness. Among all the beaches, the Kudle Beach is one of the most visited ones because of its unmatched natural beauty.
- There are no life guards present on the beach, which might turn out to be dangerous in certain cases.
- Non-swimmers are advised to refrain from getting into the sea water due to absence of life guards. In case of an accident, the authorities are not responsible.
- Carrying anti-tan sunscreen lotion is advisable as the heat and direct rays of the sun on beachside may result in tanning of skin.
Things to Do
- The first and foremost thing you can do is sit on the beach side and enjoy the amazing scenery while taking sunbath at the same time.
- If you are good at swimming, you can jump into the cool blue sea water and take out all your tiredness in the ever-refreshing water.
- If you are one for the adventures, go for beach trekking as Kudle beach is one of the perfect destinations for it.
- Surfing is not at all a bad idea if you visit this place. Carry all the necessary things and go for an adventurous journey beneath the sea water.
Availability of Guides
There is absolutely no requirement of guides for paying a visit to this place. So, guides are neither required nor available.
Best Time to Visit
- Summer starts around April and remains till June. The summers are hot and humid here and the temperature sometimes reaches close to 40 degrees Celsius. So, summer is not the perfect time to be at this place.
- Also, during monsoon season, which prevails between July to October, the place receives considerable amount of rainfall. However, the beaches become dirty and ill-maintained during the monsoon time, which makes it the most avoidable time of the year to visit this place.
- The winter months between November to March is the best time to visit this beach. The temperature ranges between 20-30 degree Celsius during the winter season. The pleasant weather and soothing temperature makes it the perfect time to enjoy sunbath at the beaches. Also, the availability of different types of sea food reaches its peak during the winter months of the year.
How to Reach
The nearest airport is the Dabolim Airport in Goa which is located at a distance of around 110 kilometers from the city. The airport in Goa is well connected with the major Indian cities and also carries fair bit of international traffic. From there, one can book a car or go for buses which ply on the way to visit Gokarna.
In case one is willing to travel by train, the nearest station is Gokarna Station which is just three kilometers away from the Kudle Beach. However, it is a small station and not too many trains ply from here. Nearest big railway station is Ankola Railway station located at about 20 kilometers from the beach. Buses and cars are easily available from the station to the beach.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About the Kudle Beach
- The Kudle is ranked among the top 5 beaches in Gokarna.
- The beach is in the shape of perfect ‘C’ while the shore is marked by presence of coconut trees and rocks.
- Sunrise and Sunset times are perfect for people to do Yoga at the beach.
- The beach is famous for beach trekking and surfing.
- Om Beach
- Maha Ganapati Temple
- Half Moon Beach
- Cocopelli Surf School
- Gokarna Beach
- Mirjan Fort
- Nirvana Beach
- Shri Arya Durga Temple
- Shri Mahalasa Narayani Temple
- Mahabaleshwar Temple
- Anshi National Park
- Little Paradise Inn
- Pizzeria Kudle View
- Café 1987
- Namaste Café
- Mantara Café
- Shree Shree Villa and Ram Ram Café
- Chez Christophe
- Prakruti Café
So, in case you have planned a visit to somewhere near Gokarna, try to take out two to three days and pay a visit to this beautiful place. The Kudle beach should be the top priority among the places you plan to visit because of its calm and clean surrounding. So, once you are in Gokarna, be sure you enjoy the sunbath among the beauty and calmness of this famous beach.