Even with Gokarna’s significance in the Hindu religion, it has not been ignored by avid travellers looking for an adventure. Beaches, trenches, hills and dense forests are the alluring features of Gokarna and that’s a few of the things that have made it such a popular town these days. The name of the town, literally translated means ‘cow’s ear’, and with the importance of cows in the Hindu religion, Gokarna has garnered numerous devotees as well as tourists due to its picturesque backdrop. As a matter of fact, Gokarna is home to some beautiful resorts, most of them situated on the pristine beaches, which has made it a rather attractive aspect of visiting this city. Here are the top 5 amazing resorts in Gokarna that you can stay in during your next trip.
- Famous For: Mukti sthala, pilgrimage
- Entrance Fee: NIL
- Visiting Time: 6 AM to 12:30 PM and 5 PM to 8 PM
- Visiting Duration: 2 hours
- Famous for: Fun, Beauty, Adventure
- Entrance Fee: No entrance fee for this public spot
- Visiting Time: No particular timings
- Visit Duration: 3 hours to 4 hours
- Famous For: Hindu Temple, Astounding beaches, Breezy weather
- Entrance Fee: There are no entry fees for the Temple. You don’t have to pay a dime to enjoy the religious fervor and the presence of the Lord.
- Visiting Time: It has a fixed schedule for temple timing. It is better to keep it in mind while visiting the temple. It is open on all the days of the week from 0600 – 2030 hours even on public holidays.
- Visiting Duration: The Temple is not very large. One can easily visit the temple and take the Lord’s blessings in around 1-2 hours. In case you want to perform any special ritual that could take a bit longer. Their exact duration can be enquired from the temple authorities.
- Famous For: Tourism, Beach, Beach Trekking, Surfing.
- Entrance Fee: Being a beach which is a natural place without any boundaries, there is no entry fee to the beach for anyone. Everybody can visit the beach without paying any money.
- Visiting Time: Again, beaches cannot be closed as they are without walls and gets. However, it is advisable to visit the place around 4 am in the morning and leave before 6.30 pm in the evening as it gets dark after these hours.
- Visit Duration: Approximately, it should take around one to two hours. However, in case you are interested to do surfing or trekking, you may need a few more additional hours.
Situated on the Konkan Coastline of India, the small town of Gokarna lies in the Uttara Kannada District of Karnataka. The place is well known for its long, beautiful and clean beaches, charming sunsets, and distant horizon with hues playing in the sky coloring it with enchanting shades. A beauty that remained undiscovered for all this while. The rustic nature and the laid back beaches have made it popular amongst the young generations. With an array of coconut and banana trees, clear sands and blue sea, Gokarna is a paradise for all beach lovers. Here is a list of top 5 beaches to visit when in Gokarna.
Known for being laid back and unspoiled natural surroundings and its pristine unpopulated beaches, Gokarna is one of the major tourist destinations in Karnataka, India. It is a major pilgrim center and is considered among the 7 major pilgrim spots in the Hindu scriptures. The name is derived from the Hindi word for a cow’s ear and is located at the confluence of the two rivers Gangavali and Aghanashini which is shaped like the ear of the cow. It was a bustling temple town during the sangam era and a part of the Tamil Kingdoms. Here’s the list of the best places to visit in Gokarna.