- Famous for: Tourism, Experience seekers, Photography, Nature lovers, Waterfalls.
- Entrance Fee: No given entry fee as it is a nature’s spot open to all.
- Visiting Time: There is no specific visiting time, as one can visit the Waterfall during any time of the day as per one’s convenience, up until sunset.
- Visit Duration: Approximately one to two hours. If you want to explore further, it might take a little longer.
Apart from the amazing weather and dense forests surrounding the mighty White Surf Waterfall, tourists visit it to indulge in the natural beauty and ambience of the serene region. Situated in one of the major tourist spots of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, namely the Little Andaman, The White Surf Waterfall is an exemplarily example of a tropical waterfall. This gigantic waterfall is situated near the bustling Hut Bay Town of Little Andaman at a distance of seven kilometers. The Waterfall sitting amidst elaborate tropical rainforests is said to tick the imagination of poets and writers.
- Try to visit during the day time as it is not advisable to travel after sunset. All information about the timings is mentioned in the article.
- Do not litter the space as it is an eco-friendly destination. It is strictly prohibited.
- Do carry water bottles and other necessary items including food items upon you, as there are no restaurants or eateries available in the nearby vicinity.
Things to Do
- If you want detailed information about the White Surf Waterfall please go through this complete guide. This will enable the tourists to know when to visit and how to visit and what the necessary precautions are to be taken, if any.
- Do not forget to experience the Elephant Safari in the adjoining evergreen dense forest as it is one of the must-do things to enjoy upon a trip here. The elephants are groomed to adapt to the tourists. The Safari is exciting to say the least.
- Tourists can also experience the Elephants Lumbering and Training camps as it makes for quite a sight.
Availability of Guides
One may avail the overall tour guides who guide the tourists across the entire expanse of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. There are no special guides. However, there are trained locals who man the Elephant Safari and training camps who might be of assistance to the tourists.
Best Time to Visit
Andaman is known for its soothing and moderate weather conditions. Though sometimes it may be subjected to harsh weather conditions, like tropical storms and thundershowers between late June and August. The summer months, mainly between March and May are conducive for tourist visits owing to the pleasant weather conditions. Though many people tend to avoid the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the monsoon months (May-August), the beauty of the rain kissed Islands and beaches are a beautiful sight to behold. The hotels and resorts also offer discounts to tourists around this time. The winter in the region is not so chilly owing to its tropical nature. The neither hot, neither cold temperature minus the humidity proves to be the ideal time for most tourists who flock to the area around this time.
How to Reach
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are not connected to the Indian subcontinent by railways. One can either opt for the airways or the ships which include both luxury and non-luxury cruises along with normal passenger ships, as preferred modes of transportation. A proper ship service connects Port Blair to Chennai, Kolkata and Vishakhapatnam. One can then travel to the White Surf Waterfall via Hut Bay town of Little Andaman.
Port Blair is also connected to major airports in Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, and Bhubaneswar. One can then cover the rest of the distance by availing boats. From Little Andaman Island, one can then travel towards the White Surf Waterfall.
Interesting Facts and Trivia about the White Surf Waterfall
- It is also nicknamed ‘Little Waterfall’ by the locals of the region. Don’t let it confuse you while on your trip.
- One can indulge in trekking around the White Surf Waterfall, provided the techniques are known and safety norms followed.
- The Waterfall is located at a distance of 6.5 kilometers from the coveted Hutay Jetty.
- The White Surf Waterfall was badly affected by the Tsunami, a natural disaster that had devastating effects on the coastal towns of India.
- Butler Bay Beach
- Kalapathar Limestone Caves
- Whisper Wave Waterfall
- Red Palm Oil Plantation
- Hut Bay Town
- Netaji Nagar Beach
- Mud Volcano
- Parrot Island
- Baludera Beach
- Wandoor Beach
- Siva Hotel
- Sentinel Hotel
- Mandalay Restaurant
- Gagan Restaurant
- Ananda Restaurant
The misty waters of the White Surf Waterfall is enchanting and along with its eco-friendly surrounding makes it an ideal tourist destination and getaway. You can come out with your family, friends and enjoy here while indulging in a sumptuous home cooked meal. The sound of the water gushing down from the height is music to the ears of a nature lover. If you have been looking for an escapade to the laps of Mother Nature, you can seek refuge here.