Pondicherry is one of the most celebrated places in India if you wish to enjoy some quality time by the beach. Not too crowded and offering just the right amount of solitude, the beaches in this city surely stand apart from other places in India. The shinning waters and golden sands, alongside some truly marvellous cuisine makes the beaches in Pondicherry a gorgeous place to be. Enjoy the tranquillity that they bring by visiting the top ten marvels of nature.
- Famous for: Photography, Nature lovers, Walking, Sightseeing
- Entrance Fee: Free of charge
- Visiting Time: Open round the clock for pedestrians, open from 7:30 AM to 6 PM for vehicular traffic
- Visit Duration: 1 to 2 hours
- Famous for: Serenity, Spirituality, Divinity
- Entrance Fee: No entry fee for this location, children below 3 years are not allowed in the Ashram.
- Visiting Time: 8 AM to 12 noon and then from 2 PM to 4 PM
- Visit Duration: 1 hour to 2 hours
- Famous for: Serenity, Divinity, Holiness
- Entrance fee: There is no fee for this place of worship
- Visiting Time: 7 AM to 12 noon and then from 3 PM to 8:30 PM
- Visit Duration: 2 hours to 3 hours
- Famous for: Sightseeing, Nature lovers, Wildlife, Bird-watching, Photography
- Entrance Fee: Free of charge, boat rides and usage of cameras will be charged.
- Visiting Time: 9 AM to 5 PM
- Visit Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Famous for: Tourism, Variety of flora promotion, unusual giant trees.
- Entrance Fee: For children below 12 years’ entry is free and for adults it is a nominal 20 INR.
- Visiting Time: It is open on all days from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Visit Duration: People can spend up to 1 – 1.5 hours of time over here.
- Famous for: Tourism, Experience seekers, Photography and Learning.
- Entrance Fee: For adults, the entrance fee of the Fort is 5 INR per head. For children below the ages of 15 years is free.
- For Foreigners fee is 100 INR per head.
- Visiting Time: Gingee Fort remains open for tourists all through the year. Except that, the timings are from 9 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Visit Duration: Once the ticket is bought, the visitor can spend the whole day inside.
- Famous For: Tourism, Photography and Holiday Trips.
- Entrance Fee: The entry fee for each person is 150 INR, 20 INR if you are taking your camera and an extra 75 INR per hour if you need a chair on the beach. Additional cost is there for parking, boats and ferries.
- Visiting Time: The beach and its surrounding vendors remain open from 9 am to 6pm. Also, the closing time is a bit early on Sundays – 3.30 pm.
- Visit Duration: There is no particular limit on the amount of time you spend here. But you will have to pay an hourly charge for services like chairs, ferries, etc.
- Famous For: Peace Lovers, Temple explorers
- Entrance Fee: Entry is Free
- Visiting Time: 7am -12 am; 3:30pm-8pm
- Visit Duration: 1-2 hours
India’s very own French city is a rejuvenating travelling experience. The lip smacking cuisine, the little French cafes and the sunny beaches, all instil a feeling of unparalleled joy in its visitors. To experience the joy in simplicity, that is so characteristic of Pondicherry, spend your days in a homestay. The warm feeling that they give makes for a perfect combination with the quietude of this beach town. Visit any of the following 15 homestays for a unique experience.