- Famous For: Tourism, Photography and Holiday Trips.
- Entrance Fee: The entry fee for each person is 150 INR, 20 INR if you are taking your camera and an extra 75 INR per hour if you need a chair on the beach. Additional cost is there for parking, boats and ferries.
- Visiting Time: The beach and its surrounding vendors remain open from 9 am to 6pm. Also, the closing time is a bit early on Sundays – 3.30 pm.
- Visit Duration: There is no particular limit on the amount of time you spend here. But you will have to pay an hourly charge for services like chairs, ferries, etc.
The most attractive aspect of Paradise beach is its calm and clean environment. This beach is the perfect location for spending a holiday along the glistening waters and the palm trees. A large number of huts spread across the beach provides shelter in rain and strong winds. Different options are available for taking the boat rides from and to this beach. The entire beach provides the perfect environment for trekking, fishing and much more.
- Most of the services offered here including food and beverages are chargeable, so you must have a good amount of money in hand.
- The stalls on the beach are quite expensive, which is why many prefer having food at the Chunnambar boat house itself.
- Also, the boat house has many attractions for kids and souvenirs for the visitors.
Things to Do
- Sports like Beach Volleyball and Football is quite popular on this beach. You can bring your own ball for the game, or ask the staff for one.
- This beach provides a beautiful landscape for photography, and an apt location for swimming and relaxation.
- Swimming deeper into the waters is prohibited in the beach, but you have the option of sitting on the shores to feel the soothing cool waters.
Availability of Guides
Even though guides are not available on the beach or the boat house, there are several guided tours organized by different agencies which includes different parts of Pondicherry including the Paradise Beach.
Best Time to Visit
Well, for most beaches, the best time to visit would be the end of the year when the entire beach is crowded by tourists and festivals.
But this is not true in the case of Paradise Beach. Unlike other beaches, this beach provides a much more refreshing and serene environment. This beach provides the right place to relax in summers, along the cool waters and the fine grains of sand.
Also, monsoon is another time of the year to visit and enjoy the scenic beauty of this beach.
How to Reach
The paradise beach is 8 kms away from Pondicherry city and can be reached only by boat available at locations like the Chunnambar boat house.
To reach this boat house located on the highway between Pondicherry and Cuddalore, you can either take a bus or an auto-rickshaw. It takes around 10 to 15 minutes for the boat to reach the beach, and life jackets are provided for your safety.
Interesting Facts and Trivia About the Paradise Beach
- The Paradise Beach is the last beach in the line of popular beaches in Pondicherry including the Auroville Beach, Promenade Beach and the Serenity Beach.
- This beach is also known as “Plage Paradiso”, and the lush greenery of this beach after monsoons is one the reasons why this is still a popular tourist hotspot.
- Looking at this beach from a distance, one can observe that the entire beach is round-shaped, which is the reason why this beach is also known as the “Full Moon Beach”.
- While approaching the beach, the sand projects a golden reflection along the sides of the blue waters. The sand at Paradise beach is much more softer and finer compared to other beaches like the Auroville beach, which makes it a suitable location for all kinds of games.
- The best part of the entire beach is the backwaters on the other side of the beach. This estuary of water provides the right environment for activities like fishing, sailing and much more.
- Seaside Promenade
- The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram
- Varadaraja Perumal Temple
- Pondicherry Botanical Gardens
- The Windflower Resort and Spa Pondicherry
- Le Pondy
- RKN Beach Resort
- Sea Gull Chunnambar Beach Resort
- Hotel Green Park Resort
Pondicherry has many beautiful locations and beaches, which makes it one of the most popular holiday destinations in the country. There are many different attractions in Pondicherry which reflects the ideologies of different nationalities and beliefs. Rocky beaches, delicious cuisines, resorts, classic restaurants, old temples and churches are only some of the reasons to begin with to visit this tourist paradise.