Known for its endless backwaters and beautiful climate, Kumarakom is a famous tourist destination located in the state of Kerala. Kumarakom is situated near the Vembanad Lake, the largest in the state. The festival of Onam has the biggest celebration here, in the form of a boat race. Tourists from all over the country come to see and participate in it. The winner bags the Sree Narayan Ever Rolling Trophy, a prestigious treasure. [Read more…] about 5 Best Houseboats in Kumarakom
- Famous for: Nature, Serenity, Birds
- Entrance Fee:50 per adult
- Visiting Time: 6 AM to 5 PM (Daily)
- Visit Duration: 3 hours to 4 hours
- Famous For: Travel, Experience seekers, Photography and Ayurveda.
- Entrance Fee: There is no exclusive fee for entering the backwaters. You just need to book hotels for your stay.
- Visiting Time: All year round on all days.
- Visit Duration: Depends on your personal interest. Usually, it takes about 4-5 days to see the entire place.
- Famous For: Travel, Experience seekers, History and Learning.
- Entrance Fee: You can enter the museum with the help of passes only. Once you get to the place you will get to know more about how to get the passes.
- Visiting Time: The museum is open on all days except Monday. The timings from Tuesday to Saturday are from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. On Sundays, the museum opens at 11.30 A.M. and closes on the usual time.
- Visit Duration: 1 to 1.5 hours approximately.
- Famous for: Towns, legends, latex, letters, monuments, palace backwaters, lakes.
- Entrance Fee: Entrance fee depends on the places you intend to visit in Kottayam.
- Visiting Time: No specific time limit.
- Visit Duration: No specific visit duration.
- Famous For: Backwater tourism, houseboat cruises, scenic views, bird sanctuary
- Entrance Fee: There is no entrance fee to visit the Vembanad Lake. It is free for all. But to avail the activities you will have to pay for the services.
- Visiting Time: 1000 – 1800 hours
- Visit Duration: The entire trip takes around 4-5 hours.