The Andaman & Nicobar Islands form an archipelago that is quite famous all over the world. It is this same divine beauty accompanied by the zeal of indulging in various adventure sports that draws plenty of tourists all the year round to this mirth of heaven. Popular adventure sports like Snorkeling, Underwater Diving, Boating, Kayaking and others form a major tourist attraction in the islands. Of these activities, it has been observed that the Scuba Diving activity is the most popular adventure sport chosen by the tourists at the islands because of the ample beauty that the sea bed has in store for the visitors. Thus, as Scuba Diving is the most flourishing adventure sport, it is beneficial to give an insight into the 15 best Scuba Diving spots in the islands of Andaman for the tourists to enjoy an adventurous and a memorable trip. [Read more…] about 15 Best Scuba Diving Spots in Andaman Islands
Little Andaman Island
- Famous For: Water sport rides like snorkeling and scuba diving, serene beaches, picturesque scenery
- Entrance Fee: There is a small entrance fee to visit the islands. To enjoy some of the water activities you will need to lighten your pockets.
Round Trip around Corals and a Round of Snorkeling: Rs 650 per head
Sea Walking: (40 minutes) Rs. 2700 per head
Banana Ride: Rs. 250 per head
Speed Boat Ride: Rs. 250 per head
Glass Bottom View: Rs. 300 per head
Jet Ski Ride: Rs. 350 per head
- Visiting Time: 0800 – 1500 hours.
- The ferries to this place leave at 0900 hours and return only at 1500 hours so it is advised to plan your day accordingly.
- Visit Duration: Almost half a day.
- Famous For: Historical sites, scenic picnic spots, beautiful coconut plantations
- Entrance Fee: There is no entrance fee to visit the Viper Island. You will have to spend for the ferry ride and the other general expenses during your visit to the island.
- Visiting Time: The ideal time to check out all these would be from 0900 – 1700 hours.
- Visit Duration: This place is usually visited by tourists for its historical significance. It should not take more than 1-2 hours to check out the entire island.
- Famous For: Adventure, Scenery, Holidaying
- Entrance Fee:50 per person for adults and Rs.25 per person for children; an additional Rs.25 has to be paid per camera
- Visiting Time: Sunrise to Sunset (Except Monday)
- Visit Duration: 2 hours to 3 hours
- Famous For: Tourism, Experience seekers, Photography, Sight-seeing and Surfing.
- Entrance Fee: No available entry fee. However, fee for boating, surfing is applicable separately as per the going rates.
- Visiting Time: No specified visiting time; however, one may need to rent a cottage for staying the night. Cottage rates are applicable separately.
- Visit Duration: Approximately one-two days, if one’s agenda is to venture the whole of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and not just Butler Bay beach separately.
- Famous For: Eco-Tourism, Experience seekers, Boating, Relaxing
- Entrance Fee: No available entry fee. Boating fees are applicable separately in accordance to the number of people availing the service. It costs INR 100 to travel to and from the Limestone Caves.
- Visiting Time: Open throughout the day around the year; however, it is advisable to avoid the Limestone Caves at night as there can be chances of unwanted mischief.
- Visit Duration: Approximately two to three hours. The duration of the journey may however vary with the availability of boats and crowd gathering. If you want to explore little further, it might take longer than the usual time.