The Andaman Islands located in the Bay of Bengal is one of the highly sought after exotic holiday destinations in the country. With its tranquil waters, sandy beaches and pristine environment, Andaman has won the hearts of both national and international tourists. Famous for the plethora of adventure sports that can be enjoyed in this location, Andaman has carved itself a niche with its scuba diving spots. With great instructors and training schools, scuba diving is an activity which ought to be tried by everyone in this amazing atmosphere. Let’s look into some of the most stunning locations to scuba dive and explore in the splendid location of Andaman. [Read more…] about Top 5 Scuba Diving Spots in Andaman
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
The Andaman & Nicobar Islands is a lovely Union Territory located by the southern tip of the main landmass of India. However, with the passage of time, the biggest drawback, that is, being surrounded by water was turned to the biggest advantage by organizing one of the best waterway transport system in the country. Thus, with the onset of the water transport system, each and every island of the archipelago of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands was linked via ports. These ports have sustained the life of the residents in that region for almost a century by running jetties and ferries on a daily basis. Thus, be it helping the residents to locomote in the shortest possible way or be it enabling the business in tourism in the region, the ferry services have gained utmost significance because of which it is noteworthy to mention at least the top 5 Ferry Services that have kept the archipelago alive and connected amidst each other and also with the main landmass of India. [Read more…] about Top 5 Ferry Services in Andaman
The Andaman & Nicobar Islands form an archipelago that is quite famous all over the world. It is this same divine beauty accompanied by the zeal of indulging in various adventure sports that draws plenty of tourists all the year round to this mirth of heaven. Popular adventure sports like Snorkeling, Underwater Diving, Boating, Kayaking and others form a major tourist attraction in the islands. Of these activities, it has been observed that the Scuba Diving activity is the most popular adventure sport chosen by the tourists at the islands because of the ample beauty that the sea bed has in store for the visitors. Thus, as Scuba Diving is the most flourishing adventure sport, it is beneficial to give an insight into the 15 best Scuba Diving spots in the islands of Andaman for the tourists to enjoy an adventurous and a memorable trip. [Read more…] about 15 Best Scuba Diving Spots in Andaman Islands
- Famous For: Water sport rides like snorkeling and scuba diving, serene beaches, picturesque scenery
- Entrance Fee: There is a small entrance fee to visit the islands. To enjoy some of the water activities you will need to lighten your pockets.
Round Trip around Corals and a Round of Snorkeling: Rs 650 per head
Sea Walking: (40 minutes) Rs. 2700 per head
Banana Ride: Rs. 250 per head
Speed Boat Ride: Rs. 250 per head
Glass Bottom View: Rs. 300 per head
Jet Ski Ride: Rs. 350 per head
- Visiting Time: 0800 – 1500 hours.
- The ferries to this place leave at 0900 hours and return only at 1500 hours so it is advised to plan your day accordingly.
- Visit Duration: Almost half a day.
- Famous For: Historical sites, scenic picnic spots, beautiful coconut plantations
- Entrance Fee: There is no entrance fee to visit the Viper Island. You will have to spend for the ferry ride and the other general expenses during your visit to the island.
- Visiting Time: The ideal time to check out all these would be from 0900 – 1700 hours.
- Visit Duration: This place is usually visited by tourists for its historical significance. It should not take more than 1-2 hours to check out the entire island.
- Famous For: Nature, Photography, Sunrise.
- Entry Fee: No fee is required barring transport and food.
- Visiting Time: You must visit the beach during the day.
- Visiting Duration: 2 to 3 hours.