The charismatic city of Chennai is blessed with immaculate beaches, mesmerizing breezes, heavenly temples and an incredible aura that covers this place at its best and the blend of nature and modernity is what tempts and draws tourists to Chennai all over the year. This coastal region of South India is not only known for its spectacular temples but the seashores that constitute the very striking quality of Chennai. So, here, we will explore the waterfalls situated in and around the city of Chennai where you can head for a weekend getaway or picnics and just enliven yourself amidst the bliss of nature that Chennai possess!
Kapaleeswarar Temple, Chennai
- Famous for: History, Architecture, Serenity
- Entrance Fee: No fee for this place of worship
- Visiting Time: 5:30 AM to 12 noon and then from 4PM to 9 PM
- Visit Duration: 1 hour to 2 hours
Connemara Public Library, Chennai
- Famous For: Century-old archives, rare literary works, interior decor, sightseeing, educational trip, and photography.
- Entrance Fee: View and read books, free-of-cost. However, only members can take books home and avail other library services.
- Membership Fee: Annual membership charges are 50 INR per individual. Additionally, the museum takes 50 INR for each book issued to the member. Maximum of 6 books are issued per member.
- Visiting Days: The library is open to the visitors, all days of the week. However, it remains closed on National Holidays (26th January, 15th August, and 2nd October) and state-declared holidays: Vijayadashami, Diwali, Christmas, Pongal, Saraswati Puja, and Tamil New Year.
- Visiting Time: Working hours are 9AM to 7.30PM (Mon-Sat) and 9.30AM to 6PM (Sun).
- Visit Duration: For tourists, it will take about one hour to explore its premises.
Marina Beach, Chennai
- Famous for: Photography, Sight-seeing, Seaside Walk, Nature Lovers, Aquarium
- Entrance Fee: Free of charge,
- Visiting Time: Open round the clock
- Visit Duration: 2 to 3 hours
The Huddleston Gardens of Theosophical Society, Chennai
- Famous For: Aesthetics, Wildlife, 450-year-old Banyan Tree
- Entrance Fee: No entry fee.
- Visiting Time: Opens from 8.30 am till 4 pm, and is closed on Sunday and public holidays.
- Visit Duration: The grounds remain open from 8.30 am to 10 am, and reopens at 2pm to 4pm.
Little Mount Shrine, Chennai
- Famous for: Tourism, Religious destination, ancient beliefs, historical.
- Entrance Fee: It’s a Shrine which is open to all devotees and needs no entrance fees.
- Visiting Time: It is open on all days from 6:00 a.m. to 20:00 p.m.
- Visit Duration: People can spend up to 45 minutes to 1 hours of time over here.
Pulicat Lake, Chennai
- Famous For: Serenity, Nature, Birds
- Entrance Fee: No fee for this public place
- Visiting Time: 6 AM to 6 PM
- Visit Duration: 1 hours to 2 hours
Semmozhi Poonga, Chennai
- Famous For: Botanical Garden, Sight-seeing, Nature lovers, Photography
- Entrance Fee: 15 for adults and Rs. 10 for children below 10 years of age. Monthly pass available for Rs. 150.
- Visiting Time: 6 AM to 8 AM for monthly pass holders, 10 AM to 7:30 PM for visitors.
- Visit Duration: 1 to 2 hours
Arignar Anna Zoological Park, Chennai
- Famous For: Wildlife, Photography
- Entrance Fee: For adults, the entry fee is 30 INR per head. For children between the ages of 2-12 years, the fee is 10 INR, and the entry is free for children below the age of 2 years. For clicking pictures inside the park, you will need to pay a fee of 25 INR.
- Visiting Time: This park remains closed on all Tuesdays. Except that, the timings are from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Visit Duration: There is no particular limit on the amount of time you spend here except the opening and closing timings.
Breezy Beach, Chennai
- Famous For: Tourism, Experience seekers, Photography, Nature.
- Entrance Fee: There is no entry fee charged for tourists or visitors in this beach.
- Visiting Time: Open on all days of the week. There is also no limited time duration.
- Visit Duration: It takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete the visit. You can spend a lot of time here depending on your preference.