The charismatic city of Chennai is blessed with immaculate beaches, mesmerizing breezes, heavenly temples and an incredible aura that covers this place at its best and the blend of nature and modernity is what tempts and draws tourists to Chennai all over the year. This coastal region of South India is not only known for its spectacular temples but the seashores that constitute the very striking quality of Chennai. So, here, we will explore the waterfalls situated in and around the city of Chennai where you can head for a weekend getaway or picnics and just enliven yourself amidst the bliss of nature that Chennai possess! [Read more…] about Top 10 Waterfalls Near Chennai
- Famous for: History, Architecture, Serenity
- Entrance Fee: No fee for this place of worship
- Visiting Time: 5:30 AM to 12 noon and then from 4PM to 9 PM
- Visit Duration: 1 hour to 2 hours
- Famous For: Century-old archives, rare literary works, interior decor, sightseeing, educational trip, and photography.
- Entrance Fee: View and read books, free-of-cost. However, only members can take books home and avail other library services.
- Membership Fee: Annual membership charges are 50 INR per individual. Additionally, the museum takes 50 INR for each book issued to the member. Maximum of 6 books are issued per member.
- Visiting Days: The library is open to the visitors, all days of the week. However, it remains closed on National Holidays (26th January, 15th August, and 2nd October) and state-declared holidays: Vijayadashami, Diwali, Christmas, Pongal, Saraswati Puja, and Tamil New Year.
- Visiting Time: Working hours are 9AM to 7.30PM (Mon-Sat) and 9.30AM to 6PM (Sun).
- Visit Duration: For tourists, it will take about one hour to explore its premises.
- Famous for: Photography, Sight-seeing, Seaside Walk, Nature Lovers, Aquarium
- Entrance Fee: Free of charge,
- Visiting Time: Open round the clock
- Visit Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Famous For: Aesthetics, Wildlife, 450-year-old Banyan Tree
- Entrance Fee: No entry fee.
- Visiting Time: Opens from 8.30 am till 4 pm, and is closed on Sunday and public holidays.
- Visit Duration: The grounds remain open from 8.30 am to 10 am, and reopens at 2pm to 4pm.
- Famous for: Tourism, Religious destination, ancient beliefs, historical.
- Entrance Fee: It’s a Shrine which is open to all devotees and needs no entrance fees.
- Visiting Time: It is open on all days from 6:00 a.m. to 20:00 p.m.
- Visit Duration: People can spend up to 45 minutes to 1 hours of time over here.