It is rightly said that when you stand in front of a waterfall, everything else fade behind its majestic backdrop. Mysore- one of the most popular tourist destinations in India never fails to amaze one with its wondrous landscapes and historic antiquity. It is even more famous for its pristine dells and wonderful scenic abundance. Here, we have tried to sketch some of the most beautiful waterfalls in and around Mysore.
- Famous For: Tourism, Temple, Nature, Panorama and Photography
- Entrance Fee: The entry is free.
- Visiting Time: (i) 7:30 am to 2:00 (ii) 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm (iii) 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm – The Chamundi hills houses the Sri Chamundeswari Temple which is open from 7:30 am to 9:00 pm every day, while it closes during lunch time and at twilight.
- Visit Duration: The visit duration is estimated to be an hour or two.
- Famous for: Museum, Historic Significance and knowledge, Experience Seeking and Wandering, Connoisseurs, Sightseeing, Photography, Architectural Splendor, Place for devotion
- Entrance Fee: For the adults, the price of entering the palace is Rs 40 while for students it is Rs 20. And it is free for kids below 10 years of age. Besides this, the foreigners have to pay a sum of Rs 200 as entrance fee. You pay an additional Rs30 for photography inside and Rs100 for videography.
- Visiting Time: Hop down to fall in awe of this palace from 6am to 9am in the morning and from 3:30pm 6:30pm in the evening. The palace gates are closed on Sundays and other government holidays for the tourists.
- Visiting Duration: It may last anywhere between 1 hour to 3 hours as it entirely depends on personal taste and keenness about historic relevance.
- Famous for: Bird Sanctuary, Sightseeing, Photography, Walkers Point, Boating, Experience Seeking and Wandering, Wildlife Spotting, Paradise for Ornithologists, Connoisseurs.
- Entrance Fee: The fee for entering into this lake is Rs10 for all adults and Rs5 for children (between the age group 0-15 years) and senior citizens. You pay Rs10 for taking along a photo camera and Rs25 for a video camera.
- Visiting Time: This beautiful lake opens for visitors from 8:30 AM in the morning and shuts down only at around 6 PM. The premises remain shut on Tuesdays.
- Visiting Duration: Between 30 minutes to 2 hours is the average time of duration that you might spend here.
- Famous For: Sightseeing, Photography, Boating, Musical Fountains, Experience Seeking and Wandering, Connoisseurs.
- Entrance Fee: The fee for entry of adults into this arena is Rs 15 and for the kids upto 10 years of age, it is Rs 5.
- Visiting Time: From 6 AM to 8 PM, the gardens are pretty much open throughout the day inviting the wanderers to get a whiff of fresh air anytime they want.
- Visiting Duration: Between 2 to 3 hours is the average time of duration that you might spent here. But it totally depends upon personal interest, availability of time and taste.
- Famous For: Outdoor activities, wildlife and nature
- Entrance Fee: On Regular Days: INR 20 (child) and INR 50 (adult), On Weekends and Govt. Holidays: INR 30 (child) and INR 60 (adult)
- Visiting Time: 8:30 AM TO 5:30 PM
- Visiting Duration: 2 hours
- Famous For: Water Falls, Hydro Electric Power Station
- Entrance Fee: NIL
- Visiting Time: 8 AM to 4 PM
- Visiting Duration: Depends on how much time you want to spend there.
Mysore is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in India, one that has retained its old-world charm, yet has stepped into modern times. There are many tourist attractions in and around Mysore that will make anyone’s trip to this beautiful city a memorable experience. The best part about Mysore is that it has something or the other to offer all kinds of visitors. There are centuries-old palaces, amazing gardens, serene nature, and more. And yes, there are also the festivals of Mysore that are worth being a part of. When you have such an amazing city to explore, why not do it from your home? That means, choose homestay options in Mysore to spend your holidays when you are on a trip to Mysore. There are many options for visitors that offer a great living experience.
Now known as Mysuru, this is one of the most famous tourist destinations in South India. With a rich and royal heritage, people flock to this city to get a glimpse of it’s beautiful palace and many beautifully designed temples and buildings. Mysore was the capital of the Wodeyar dynasty and also the home of the famous Tipu Sultan and Hyder Ali. Mysore has many palaces, gardens, and museums for those who are fascinated by history and many beautiful temples with rich histories of their own. Visiting Mysore is surely a treat and you would have an unforgettable experience in the Palace City of India.
Nestled on the foothills of Chamundi Hills, Mysore offers many places of heritage and history to visit. Mysore is a popular tourist destination. It is the second largest in the state of Karnataka. It still houses the old world charm in its everyday life. When one visits Mysore, they leave with memories they will cherish for a lifetime. The people who aren’t familiar with Mysore are usually puzzled about where to put up when in town. This article throws light on few of the good resorts to experience a pleasurable stay when in Mysore.